Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • If I have the correct local authority check these links :    https://www.richmond.gov.uk/services/roads_and_transport/roads_and_road_works/road_and_pathway_maintenance   https://www.richmond.gov.uk/services/roads_and_transport/roads_and_road_works/road_and_pathway_maintenance/road_and_highways_obstuctions   second link has the following :   Builders' skips – check if a skip is licensed before reporting Scaffolding or hoardings Builders materials Temporary works including traffic lights - check if temporary works are scheduled before reporting Overhanging tree branches, hedges Mud/debris on the road Mixing concrete or mortar on the highway Unauthorised vendors or traders Encroachment of highway boundaries * Discharge of water onto the highway Blocking "Rights of Way" Plants and bushes Illegal signs
    • I would challenge all the way ! Check one of my posts as I had a similar issue with my local authority , tree branches and bush covering sign. Took photos same day and a week later lo and behold the branches were cut back. Not my issue the council does not maintain the highways. Looking at your photos how could you tell there were any lines? Of course the council threw it straight back so I appealed and went to the next level and submitted my photos as evidence , they backed down then although still did not admit defeat and stated it as a goodwill gesture... I got some great advice on here so don't be stressed or worried follow the guidelines on here. Either way they are going to try to force you to pay so don't give the @$$ holes an easy ride....
    • Morning Caggers. Hope everybody is safe and well.   Ok will try to make this brief as possible !  Got an early xmas gift from Minster Bay watch in York while working on a site on a retail park, Vehicle overstayed max period (2 hours) . Basically had a short contract with the NHS delivering and installing IT equipment to one of their offices based on the retail park above one of the retail stores. The signage stated two hours max parking , spoke to receptionist who said he would put me on the exclusion list while I was there. Basically has me entering at 8.12 and exit at 15.00 ( to grab some lunch )  although I was there until 6.30pm at night still working. So in theory 8.12am till 18.30pm To add into the mix the car I was driving was just purchased on the 7th Nov and the charge letter dated 10th Nov so again in theory the transfer of ownership was not in my name then , I notice on letter it states we may have obtained your details from DVLA. I actually got the V5 today stating acquired vehicle on 7th Nov   So in the letter column on left is as follows:   Charge notice no ***** Date of contravention - 10/11/2020 Vehicle reg - My current vehicle Vehicle make - - Current vehicle Vehicle model - Current vehicle  Charge value - £100 Date of issue - 20th Nov  Location - Heslington Retail Park - York - YO10 5LA   I have attached a pic of the main body of the letter they are of course offering a discount of £60 ....how jolly nice    So best course of action?   1) Tell them I was driver\owner but working for the NHS with proof of site visit and exemption and lay it on thick about being NHS worker?  (although I imagine it won't make a difference)  2) Deny all knowledge as technically I was not the owner at that point and ask them to prove it  3) Totally ignore and wait for the toilet paper...sorry threat o grams?   I have now left that contract but still have my NHS badge as proof of employment   Thanks NTD...
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this ‘clone firm’. View the full article
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3044 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello All,

 

And thank you very much for the help and advice that you give so generously.

 

I have been following that advice for six months now - 4 credit cards, 3 with MBNA and 1 with Cap One, all dating back to the early ninties. Six months ago I wrote using your template telling them that I could not keep up the payments. They both agreed to nominal monthly repayments and suspended interest. The accounts never went into arrears and I haven't had a missed or late payment in the past two decades. They have now told me that the suspension of interest and agreement to nominal payments has expired, that the accounts have now defaulted, and that they may sell on to a "vendor" (presume they mean DCA) in due course.

 

My objective is simply to delay and, if possible, protect my credit status - I should be able to get back on my feet over the course of the rest of this year and at that time will probably make them a good offer to settle the accounts. I have told them this in writing and, as a gesture of confidence and goodwill, offerred to increase the nominal payments that I have been making.

 

I am currently living off of overdraft and am scared that the bank could pull this at any time with minimal notice. I have taken cash out of the overdraft and placed it in a seperate account just in case this happens. Presumably, at some point the bank will do a credit check and find the defaults, prompting them to pull the overdraft.

 

My question is, what is the optimum time to request the CCA? Should I do it now, or wait until the CC companies begin to get heavy or assign the debt to someone less obliging? Remember, I'm really just trying to buy time here.

 

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

 

Haldeman

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm afraid that if the accounts have actually been defaulted

and registered with thje credit reference agencied your credit

status is already shot.

I presume that you received a default notice and could not remedy

the defaulty amount??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi halde

 

It might be an idea to claim back any Mis-sold PPI on these account over the last 6 years plus with interest, also any penalty charges.

Have a read of 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 in my signature. They might owe you quite a lot of money.

 

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/factsheets/payment-protection-insurance.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they issued the default notices and I was unable to pay. If they've shot my credit there doesn't seem to be much incentive to cooperate with them?

 

Given the age of the accounts (early 1990's) I imagine a CCA might cause them some difficulty?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Halde, have you checked your credit files??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't checked my credit files - I guess they'll show the credit cards - is it worth doing?

 

And as for PPI etc., the accounts have never been in arrears so there shouldn't be any charges, and I always declined PPI since it was so obviously a rip-off

Link to post
Share on other sites

An arrangement to pay is counted as default teccnically,

so each reduced payment will add arrears to the account.

Yes a CCA request may prove fruitful.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Link to post
Share on other sites
An arrangement to pay is counted as default teccnically,

so each reduced payment will add arrears to the account.

Yes a CCA request may prove fruitful.

 

 

Should I send it now, or wait 'til they get nasty?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It matters not really,but I would personally do it now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Halde

 

It's important to send them Recorded, print off the signatures off the Royal Mail site, keep them safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

 

Here's an update. I CCA'd MBNA (via Aktiv Kapital) x 3 and Capital One x 1. Two responses from Aktiv Kapital saying they (i.e. MBNA) can't find the documents and that "we will cease all further collections activity in regards to this matter." Good news, right? Should I acknowledge this in any way? Is it necessary to send the "you are in default" letter given what they have said?

 

So I have one outstanding CCA response awaited from Aktiv Kapital/MBNA. It is now well beyond the statutory period. I started putting together the "you are now in default" letter for Aktiv Kapital/MBNA, but then wondered whether I would be better to just keep quiet for now and wait to see what happens. I don't really want to rattle their cage if they have suspended action on all three of the accounts.

 

As for Capital One, they sent me what purported to be a reconstituted copy of an agreement from 1998 and told me that they were quite confident that it was fully enforcable. I, of course. have no way of knowing whether this copy is accurate or not. Also, I suspect that they have sent a reconstituted copy because they don't have the original. I have sent them a subject access request to try to flush this out. Do you think I should respond to their letter saying that I don't recognise the document and would expect them to produce the a copy of the executed agreement in order to confirm that the debt is enforcable in court? Or something else?

 

As ever, your help is much appreciated. I think you guys are providing a hugely valuable public service.

 

S

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I've now got three letters (one for each account) from Aktiv Kapital saying that as MBNA cannot produce the CCA they are putting collection activities on hold. I've been paying nominal amounts to each account each month. Should I stop these payments now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

up to you but if they cant produce an agreement then there is no enforceable debt, so in reality there is nothing to pay towards

PGH7447

 

 

Getting There Slowly

---------

 

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes stop. Keep all correspondence as the debt

is likely to be sold on at some point.

  • Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...