style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have had two letters from Newyln at my current address. One was addressed to "the occupier" enquiring as to whether I lived there or not and the other was addressed to me.

The were asking for just over £600 in relation to council tax for the year 2010/2011. During that tax year I was only working for one month while resident at the relevant address before I moved out of LB of Croydon. I spoke to Croydon Council today to discuss this and all I have to provide them is a letter from the managing agents confirming when I left my old address and they will adjust the amount accordingly. The said that they will then inform Newlyn of the amended amount and that I should continue to deal with the baliffs regarding this and not the Council.

My question is would this be grounds to have the liability order lifted as the amount is incorrect? Also is it worth ringing Newlyn to explain that the amounts owed have changed and once this is confirmed I would start making payments.

Thanks in advance.

you don't have to deal with the bailiffs payments online to council using correct reference number

stay off phone to bailiffs they will spin you a pack of lies

once the new bill has been generated and the amount settled that should be the end of the liability order

i expect the council will issue a new liability order with the new amount as come from council in first place

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

My question is would this be grounds to have the liability order lifted as the amount is incorrect? No Also is it worth ringing Newlyn to explain that the amounts owed have changed and once this is confirmed I would start making payments. Let the Council inform them, you do not have to speak to or deal with the Bailiff no matter what the Council say. You can indeed pay the Council direct but may have to budget for lawful Bailiff Fees.

Thanks in advance.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]