Robinson Way / IND,claimform - citi card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A recent conversation I had with IND

Me Are you part of Robinson Way Ltd

Woman We do work for Robinson Way

Me Are you a subsidiary of Robinson Way

Woman I don’t know what a subsidiary is.

Me You should not chase clients for Robinson Way without a Notice of Assignment being sent.

Woman Are we chasing you?

Me No I am phoning from XXXXXX Council trading Standards.

Woman I will transfer you.

Me put the phone down.

IND are a law unto themselves and will lie to the court. Be ready for them keep calm and you will catch them out.

The NoA will be from LV to RW & Co they cannot assign it twice. RW & Co would of needed to assign it to RW ltd as it is a completely new company and as IND are the ones issuing court papers they will have needed to have sent you a NoA by recorded post so you can ask for proof of posting.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I try, however their solicitor stalls by saying she doesn't know the answer to any questions I put to them and she will have to seek advice from her client.

A simple quick summary is:

Both witness statements have been written by people working for IND not the claimant

I have 2 documents stating assignment was made to different companies on 2 different dates

The haven't provided a default notice as ordered

The amount of claim is different to the amount shown owing on the final statement

I got the recent witness statement and evidence on a Saturday evening for the case to be heard less than 48 hours later (Monday).

Do I have to do a new witness statement and what should I be saying to the court regarding the above, anyone any idea's please :)

Site team are aware meanwhile, you might want to send S.O.S to Mike_hawke and or donkeyB and ask them to look in on you. I think they have had some dealings with other threads concerning Robinson Way and their little tricks.

I think definitely you should have received a copy of the Witness statement at least 7 days prior to the hearing - you might want to start putting together a rebuttal statement - going through each of their points. You do need to raise the point that they have only given this stuff to you late last night..

You dont even know if this WS has been submitted to the court either ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

no i can't find it i'm not sure i actually got a copy from the court, from my notes

adjourned to allow claimant to file

notice of assignment

default notice

factoring debts (not sure what this meant but its as i wrote it)

coherant explanation of how the sum claimed was arrived at

document trail

Thanks

I'd be inclined to draft a w/s to poke under the dj's nose again before the hearing...... if it needs saying don't hold back, if the judge is made aware of the facts I don't think he'll take too kindly to having his time wasted [again], stick a request for costs in as well.

Have a go at drafting something and I'll take a look at it with you later this evening

Col

Top and tail as previous, and yes its being a little cheeky submitting by way of 3.9 again but heyho, should make interesting reading for the judge

Redacted a bit of the info you PM'd me, this says plenty [tis still a bit longwinded] without the need to put any doubt in the dj's mind

[ATTACH]39439[/ATTACH]

Hi Colin responding to your PM.

I see Mike has pretty much covered all the necessities required to input further evidence under CPR.The Order would need to be checked as sometimes the Court can state a required time of response.The norm is 7 days to allow admissible evidence but there is another CPR requirement that a WS can be submitted pre 4 days to hearing.(neither are applicable to your matter having received it pre 3) Under that reasoning I would be demanding that the WS is rejected and the Claimant has failed to comply within the giving requirement.

Requirement to serve witness statements for use at trial

CPR 32.4

(1) A witness statement is a written statement signed by a person which contains the evidence which that person would be allowed to give orally.

(2) The court will order a party to serve on the other parties any witness statement of the oral evidence which the party serving the statement intends to rely on in relation to any issues of fact to be decided at the trial.

(3) The court may give directions as to –

(a) the order in which witness statements are to be served; and

(b) whether or not the witness statements are to be filed.

Back to top of page

Use at trial of witness statements which have been served

CPR 32.5

(1) If –

(a) a party has served a witness statement; and

(b) he wishes to rely at trial on the evidence of the witness who made the statement,

he must call the witness to give oral evidence unless the court orders otherwise or he puts the statement in as hearsay evidence.

(Part 33 contains provisions about hearsay evidence)

(2) Where a witness is called to give oral evidence under paragraph (1), his witness statement shall stand as his evidence in chief(GL) unless the court orders otherwise.

(3) A witness giving oral evidence at trial may with the permission of the court –

(a) amplify his witness statement; and

(b) give evidence in relation to new matters which have arisen since the witness statement was served on the other parties.

(4) The court will give permission under paragraph (3) only if it considers that there is good reason not to confine the evidence of the witness to the contents of his witness statement.

(5) If a party who has served a witness statement does not–

(a) call the witness to give evidence at trial; or

(b) put the witness statement in as hearsay evidence, any other party may put the witness statement in as hearsay evidence.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

whats the relevence tio this secion in the defence mike did up please andy?

In contrast to the Claimants position I would respectfully refer to the case decided by Mr Recorder Campbell in the Baiili reported trial of HFO capital Ltd v Mr Roland Wegmuller at http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/19.html, and would hope that this decision offers some assistance to the court in this matter

Col.......... got about 2 mins mate, read the Judgment on Applications section near the bottom of the link. The effect was the court wouldn't put up with wasting additional time and resources in the matter and passed judgment on admissable evidence available to it on the day of the trial.