Second et1 claim being merged with first et1 claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I submitted a second ET1 claim and ACAS conciliator called me yesterday and said that the two may be merged. I called the ET this morning to ask and they said it was with a judge for a decison. The Respondent has not yet submitted their ET3 and it is due by the 27th; which means it must reach them tomorrow. If they do not submit the ET3 will the ET reach a judgement or will they simply combine it with the first claim as if their ET3 was received?

thank you

They will have 28 days to respond to the 2nd ET1 once they have received it as they did the first.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

the judge will make a call on the case with the current information (ie you win)

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

In that case I hope they dont get their ET3 in in time!

They often get little extensions from Tribunal so do not count on it.

Joining the claims together is called consolidation and, as I remember, I e-mailed the Tribunal and copied in the Respondent and asked that the 2 claims be heard together.

The Tribunal decided yes as they were just extra bits relating to the original claim. It takes the London Tribunals about 10 days to give an answer as a judge has to look at the e-mail and make the decision. It should not be a problem for you to get them consolidated and the Respondent is unlikely to object without good reason.