suing drive assist

poppycottage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Suing drive assist

Will try to condense a rather complicated case with my Insurance Company.

Took out insurance through the post office. Involved in non-fault accident. Was simply informing post office (as advised). They persuaded me that I should let them deal with all aspects of claim "in my best interests". Passed me on to Drive Assist. My vehicle sent to repairers and I was supplied with replacement.

My car was deemed a "write off" though I disputed this as the nominated repairers told me that the estimate they submitted was in fact £1000 less than Drive Assist/Incident Management Solutions were quoting. However, they insisted it should be a write off and demanded my documents in return for total loss payment (another value I disputed). I was then informed by DVLA I was no longer registered keeper of my car. 8 months later, still in replacement car, still no payment.

The third party insurers wouldnt pay the ridiculous repair costs nor the replacement car costs. Drive Assist just wanted to send me back my damaged vehicle (now not in my name) and wanted the replacement car back!!

Third party agreed with Drive Assist to pay for repairs at the original lower cost. I agreed to this once ownership was reinstated. Ownership was never reinstated.

"My" car was repaired and the replacement was "snatched back" from outside my home without my knowledge.

No-one has reinstated ownership, the car is still at the garage (belonging to salvage agent) and I am without a vehicle. What's more - the vehicle was never even written off. They simply changed ownership (is this fraud?!).

Do I sue them through the courts? No-one will even pay for the vehicle to be serviced and inspected after it has been standing for 11 months.

Edited by honeybee13
Putting in some paragraphs for ease of reading.

This doesn't look simpleYou need to do a Subject Access Request and get a copy of their file before you consider legal action, then seriously consider appointing a solicitor, I could be reading into this wrong, but there appear to be a lot of issues here. Plus if you have signed agreements for credit hire etc, that can leave you open to all sorts, probably more than a board like this could advise upon.

Complain to your Insurers, before you think about legal action.

DriveAssist are an awful company. Try to speak to someone senior at the Insurers claims department and demand that they contact DriveAssist on your behalf to resolve this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UB67, the motor underwriters claims dept probably have nothing to do with this, this sounds like it was a non referal from the broker (you know the type of schemes I mean). They may have a vicarious liability for appointing da as their agents.

UB67, the motor underwriters claims dept probably have nothing to do with this, this sounds like it was a non referal from the broker (you know the type of schemes I mean). They may have a vicarious liability for appointing da as their agents.

I have worked within relationship management of Insurers dealing with multiple brands and I can tell you that if a supplier you refer someone to lets the customer down, neither the Insurers or the brand client are very happy. The Post Office Insurance is dealt with by BISL ( Budget Insurance ) who I think are based in Peterborough. They should be interested in cases such as the OP has experienced and help in resolving. If they show any disinterest in helping, then I personally believe they are shirking from their responsibilities.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry should have said non fault referral, hence the brokers vicarious liability for the appointment of the agent. UB67 You are right though, they do need to go to them (I'm not sure what the OP is claiming yet) in the first instance and take it from there.

Thankyou for your responses, I am very grateful

I did write a more detailed version last night but then right at the end I lost internet connection!!

Anyway, today I had a telephone conversation with a solicitor who gave me free, sound advice and gave me the confidence to follow this thing through to the end without expense to myself.

I know it all sounds a little cryptic at the moment but will certainly update this thread when things are a little clearer, if only to help anyone else who ever has to deal with these companies

Just something I would like to share at this point. If anyone experiences problems with the likes of DRIVE ASSIST - having been sold into their hands by their insurance brokers ie: Post Office, Marks & Spencer (and quite an endless list I think I saw on moneysupermarket.com) be very aware of the stance taken by The Ombudsman Service.

The Ombudsman route is a very prolonged process and the level of competence is not necessarily what you might expect. They also have no jurisdiction over claims management companies. They do have jurisdiction over the brokers but in my case The Post Office wriggled out of any liability by simply saying that they had no call recordings at the time I informed them of my accident. This, it seems, was acceptable by the adjudicator dealing with my case.

I am now awaiting a copy of the cd provided to him by DRIVE ASSIST that satisfies him that I was referred correctly by The Post Office - and therefore absolving them of any blame.

• 2 weeks later...

hey , im going now on same proccess , i had an accidnet last week on non fault , a person who couldnt stop on give way and hit may car on driver side , so i reported it to my insurance ( sheila wheels ) , the passed my details to drive assit , they provide me with a new replacement car , the insurance picked my car to write off , but its been now two weeks i didnt hear from my insurance nor drive assist , i dont want to end up by paying on the fees for the replacment car , still bit confused after what i read about drive assist

help thanks

hey , im going now on same proccess , i had an accidnet last week on non fault , a person who couldnt stop on give way and hit may car on driver side , so i reported it to my insurance ( sheila wheels ) , the passed my details to drive assit , they provide me with a new replacement car , the insurance picked my car to write off , but its been now two weeks i didnt hear from my insurance nor drive assist , i dont want to end up by paying on the fees for the replacment car , still bit confused after what i read about drive assist

help thanks

I think you need your own thread.

I the accident was only last week and you've only been in a hire car a week I wouldn't worry yet. Give your insurance a call for an update if you are worried.