style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

received a payment thing through from parking eye themselves in Crown wharf shopping centre in walsall.

I popped into a shop to get my mum her birthday present and as they were no barriers presumed it was a free car park as live in Lincoln now for university.

have photos of my car but none showing my face as looking is the standard request for £70 recuded to £50 if I pay early.

As I never brought a ticket is it safe for me to just not pay and receive a few letters or should I pay it?

Thanks

greg

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Tell them not to contact the company, under any circumstances and to ignore any threat-o-grams. This may come disguised as demands for payment in scary red ink (gasp, horror); explain to them that Private Parking Companies cannot "fine" people and all they have sent is a speculative invoice.

And you don't have to pay it. I do believe that Parking Eye have never done court. They may wish to save the letters until the demands have clearly stopped and they have moved on to an easier target.

I got one from Walsall, in January. Its May now, its gone away....Don't worry. They never go to court, and if they did they would loose. Its cruel. They should put up a barrier but they get more money this way... Its called an adhesion contract and its unlawful. Don't reply, don't worry.

\:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Been confrimed still having letters now fine up to £110 from original £50Cousin said his mate got there parked didnt pay ended up in court and paid £100's in legal costs etc...All my family especially mum and dad are getting really worried now I will end up in court and keep saying I should pay themWill I genuinally be fine not too dont wont to end up loosing 100's in court and all of them saying I told you so as I keep trying to assure them I will be okay

All I can tell you is that it is a private company. Imagine if McDonnalds sent you a letter demanding money for dropping mayonaise.

I know it can freak you out but they are TOTALLY UNLAWFUL.

IGNORE IT.

If it was a council one then that is different (still possible to get out of but you have to write back to them)

Their "Debt collection agency" has the same address as the company sending you this offer (It is only an offer of contract.)

The Law states that to make a claim you need AT LEAST the following:-

Proof of Claim (say your car gets dented by someone and you find a witness)

Proof of Loss (The 'recipt' for the repairs to the dent)

It is impossible to prove that you parking in a space caused a shop to loose a sale, damage anybody etc.

I am actually hoping they write to me again because I have told them if they do I will send them an invoice for £110 per letter! LOL

Hang in there friend, they are all bark and no bite.

----------------------------------------------

Worst case scenaro, you get an OFFICIAL COURT SUMMONS.

Offer them £50 (They have to accept) BUT YOU WONT GET ONE.

------------------------------------------------

Been confrimed still having letters now fine up to £110 from original £50Cousin said his mate got there parked didnt pay ended up in court and paid £100's in legal costs etc...All my family especially mum and dad are getting really worried now I will end up in court and keep saying I should pay themWill I genuinally be fine not too dont wont to end up loosing 100's in court and all of them saying I told you so as I keep trying to assure them I will be okay

''everyone knows a mate of a mate the got taken to court"

not true.

totally ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IT IS NOT A FINE.

If your cousins mate lost in court then he must not have defended the claim properly!

Lots of people on this forum have IGNORED all these requests and NOTHING has happend to them.

If you feel you must pay then pay! But everyones advice is to IGNORE. and that is realy easy to do.

hello all:-)