Grandmother's Grattan book & 15 yrs worth of PPI !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after some advice really...

My Grandmother has had a Grattan book for as long as we can remember. A couple of weeks ago she asked me to have a look at her statements as there was something on there she didn't understand, it's something called "Complete Care" and currently it's on the last 6 month's worth of statements at roughly £50 a pop.

She rang Grattan and they said it was to protect her if she ever fell ill and went into hospital. My Grandmother is 79. She has always been a housewife and hasn't worked since she was in her 30's... She currently receives several benefits including Pension Credit and DLA.

Anyway I emailed them on her behalf asking exactly what it was, how much she had paid over the years and if they had any proof. They simply told me what they had told her. I then asked when she had apparently signed such an agreement... they didn't reply.

Today my Nan tells me she received a phonecall yesterday from Grattan saying that they are prepared to offer her £700 and that she has been paying this percentage since 1995, when it was just £3.30 a month. They asked if she remembers singing anything, she told them no and she also told them to shove their £700. Today they rang again, this time offering £1000 as a final offer.... BUT the £1000 won't be cash it will be off of her balance. I think her balance is around £2800...

Obviously these people realise they owe her a lot of money.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do next? She has turned down their offer of £1000......

Do I simply send an SAR and take the official route?

Any advice would be grateful! Thank you.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Crapital One: Low monthly payments accepted - Paid

Inca V HSBC (Charges): WON - Charge reversed.

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's Nan V Saga Card: Utter *****!! Low payments eventually accepted

Inca's Nan V MBNA: Low payments accepted

Inca's sister V Moorcroft: WON. Low payments accepted.

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!