Starting My case Against HSBC

stevenazari
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Steve, your one of the Cardiff August the 14th Club. Its a party for around 200 guests being held at Cardiff County Court at 10:30 hosted by Judge Hickinbottom

Seriously... this is a "Block directions hearing" and a lot of people have been given this time and date, heres a few of the threads

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/68418-welshboy-mostyn-hsbc.html?highlight

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/80478-parian-hsbc.html?highlight

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/105681-hsbc-court-date.html?highlight

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/75545-welshbaba-hsbc.html?highlight

They all have the same directions as you do, should be quite a party.

pete

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

really Im not the only one at that time? is it same judge too!? rofl I will defo bring some party poppers! :D

Preliminary Letter Sent: 14/09/2006

Letter Before action sent: 05/10/2006

Recieved Response: 05/11/2006

MCOL filled and saved (saving money to proceed) 02/12/2006

Recieved 1st Settlement offer

If your judge is Judge Hickinbottom then it looks like it will be party popper time for loads of people including you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I've heard the word "scaled down court bundle" Im filling out the default bundle... not really sure how to do it.....

you coming jo? we can have a group photo lol

I would love to come but unfortunately it is a bit too far for me to travel as I am in Sussex. Also, as my husband says, I would probably get lost on the way as I have no sense of direction at all. lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi steven,

Im due in Cardiff on same date/time, make sure you ring the court Monday to find out if they have stayed as when i rang i was told all cases for our date have been stayed and we will receive paperwork. I will be sending of the letter for removal of stay and n244 tomorrow even though i havent heard officially yet.

Hoping someone can help as im confused as to whether we go to court or not? I read a thread which said we would be turned away??! Anyone??

I think the general consensus is that we are all sending in the letter posted below and an N244 even though i have only heard via telephone (many others have as well mind, it was on here i found out!) that our cases have been stayed. There are a lot of us on here in the same boat so theres planty of reading to keep you occupied.

I wish i could reassure you Steven but i dont know what the outcome will be, im trying to stay positive but it is very hard. Praying that the judge agrees to see cases which have applied for removal from the stay!

whats a stay?? :S lol

I better phone them up monday :o

so a staty (or what ever its called lol) is a suspension on the court case and is usually because of a case similar to mine has gone to the higher claims court? that right?

ok... is this a really bad thing? or is it only bad if you want it over and done with?

in a word - yes.

look at it this way - a year ago you probably didn't even know it was possible to try and get these charges back - so you've given it a go -

now - it's possible it will just take a lot longer than you thought. but here's the twist - we are hoping that common sense will prevail and cases as far along as yours is - with a court date coming up very soon - wil be seen through - either the judge will have the common sense to say - let's get this over with - and won't order the stay that the banks want - or he will and you will follow the advise given here to try to get the stay removed on the basis that dg has dragged their feet from the beginning with no intention to settle until forced into it - . well, we are hoping the judge forces them.... newer claims won't have any choice but to take the stay and wait - but we are really hoping these older ones will get to the end. so, keep doing what we've advised from the off - meet all deadlines, nudge dg (because it looks good in your bundle - YOU are trying to resolved it, even if they aren't) and just keep going until someone tells you to stop. we are right behind you - willing yours to resolved before the stays. so, just keep going and keep intouch so we can help. ok?!

hehe - I spoke to a guy from the courts and he said there are stays, I said I know cases arent all the same but mine in particular has very different circumstances... here's my problems in point form:

1. was charged up to £120 in one go for 1 single charge

2. was denied access to my funds (cash machine balance showed money available) because a charge was due to be applied in 1 weeks time

3. was charged for being charge

4. was denied a student account which prevents these charges from occuring

5. was denied a student account because I owed £70 to their credit card service, a service I was pushed to have upon joining

6. due to a very low income and charges from the bank, I struggled to meet payments on the credit card which as a result introduced more charges.

7. as a result of all these charges I was forced to leave the house I was renting just to pay off the charges that hsbc was applying

there are more reasons but those are just off the top of my head....

also this has gone one for ALMOST a year now, reckon I should have an anniversary :)

its special to me and thats what matters lol

ok seems like my case is being done in bullk :S just got my n244 form, a letter from D&G saying they applied for a stay and a letter from court saying the case will be stayed :S when do I need to get this form in?

can I just bring it in with me and hand in before the court case?

• 2 months later...