Shop Direct / Lowells

LK85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Shop Direct have sold my debt onto Lowell’s.

Both have decided to default me and as such it shows up on my credit filetwice.

I wrote to both, but without much luck.

Shop Direct refuse to discuss it with me, as the debt now belongs to Lowell’s.

Lowell’s have cancelled my payment plan (set up on direct debt) whilst theylook into it and instead send me letters demanding £87 payment when thearrangement was for £50 a month and has been paid.

I can seem to get any sense out of either of them.

Any advice?

First of all Lowell's will take what is affordable and not what they decide, I would suggest that you have an accurate Finacial Statement (FS) compiled by one of the charitable organisations who provide debt advice. Never under any circumstances complete a FS provided by a debt collector as they request far too much personal information including employers contact numbers etc.

You will find that THEY WILL ACCEPT. In ADDITION NEVER PAY A DEBT COLLECTOR BY DIRECT DEBIT. IF YOU WANT TO PAY THROUGH YOUR BANK STANDING ORDER ONLY AS YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

REMEMBER RULE NUMBER ONE, NO CONTACT BY TELEPHONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. IF THEY CALL YOU, DO NOT ANSWER SECURITY QUESTIONS.

Thanks.

What worries me is the fact neither acknowledge the fact its defaulted twice and what respond i get through their emails is limited.

They just point blank ignore my request for answers!

Do it on paper, keep a copy and send recorded delivery. (HEADED COMPLAINT) Try not to use too many big words as it tends to confuse them.

If you are in any doubt, let us know and we will compile a letter.

Edited by Crocdoc

It is actually very simple (ish)!

Write a letter to the credit reference agency(ies) informing them that as they have allowed inaccurate data to be added to your credit file, you will take them to court along with the company who's name is next to these inaccurate default entries on your file, and sue them all for defamation of character, last heard to stand at £1,000 per incorrect entry.

Also write/email your local MP, and mention that DCA's and CRA's are in each others pockets and are not interested in showing accurate data on peoples files..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!