You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• hi guys, the only letter ive got is here for you to look over. 
    • I am sending the letters today.   Last question. Should i advise them in the letter that all payments are going to stop until they give the info requested or should i simply stop paying anyway from my Augusts due dates?   Do they have power to send bailif's etc proceed to court if i stop paying? they don't have my phone number which is good but i will expect letters once i dont pay
    • Hi can you give me the link please? I am new to this site and still trying to learn/navigate it
    • I've just looked again at the CCA and it looks like whoever has photocopied it has stuck a 'post-it' note over the credit limit and repayment details, so obscuring a lot of the wording on the form.
    • Hi   I have recently received a copy of my CCA for an old HSBC CC debt. This was apparently bought by Marlin in 2014 and I had previously (before it was sold to Marlin!) asked for a copy of CCA so it was in dispute. All had gone quiet until February this year. This is all complicated by the fact that in 2008 I was advised by Payplan to offer token payments to everyone.  I paid these by standing order and had actually forgotten about them. These continued until 2018  - I know! So it's not SB and wont be for a while Hindsight is a wonderful thing.    Cabot (claiming to be acting for Marlin - same company!) have appeared again with several letters so far and have recently involved their legal arm (Mortimer Clarke solicitors). After sending them a CCA last Friday,  as they were once again threatening legal action, today I was sent a copy of a CCA, the print was dated February 20 interestingly.  The time they decided to contact me again.   I am prepared to go to court over this if necessary. I can only pay what I can afford. As I owe a lot to other companies, some of who may have given up - I've only had a pre court letter earlier this year from MBNA who I asked for a copy of the CCA and heard nothing since, I really don't know where I stand with repaying any debts. I don't know what I owe or to who anymore. I have limited funds at the end of each month despite working full time. I had a small payout for PPI which I was considering putting towards the debts but was advised not to! Now as a lot of them have gone quiet again (for now) I don't want to get in touch with them.   With the CCA which all looks as it should. They  (Mortimer Clarke) have enclosed an income and expenditure form which they have asked me to complete in 14 days. The total amount is £3 k. What should I do now? I wonder why this has only just appeared after all this time. I can't give them £3k as I don't have it. If I did have it, then that wouldn't be fair to the other people I owe money to.   I am tempted to just ignore it and wait for them to take me to court  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
timwils

Consumer Credit act 1974

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4759 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could please someone help me with the folowing:

i sent T-Mobile and Woolwich requests for original agreements and default notice.

T_mob have failed to send anything, whereas Woolwich bank sent me a copy of termination notice,

i am minded to got to court, as 28 days have passed (CCA 1974 ) but unsure of template.

Help.:confused:

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

first off its 12days and they are in default then an ADDITIONAL 30days after that before the debt is unforceable - if this time has past there is a number of things you can do but obviously the correct time needs to have passed!

:)

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Thanks for that,

below is a copy of the letter i sent to them in august. but they have failed to respond.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £2 postal order in payment of the statutory fee,

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to me within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

hsbc

full refund .19-08-2006,

capital one .

august when?

if it was teh end their time is not up yet - if its been 42days then you can report them to Trading Standards for non-compliance etc, this should be your first port of call i think unless anyone else knows better? there is a thread somewhere on this site for non-compliance etc - use the search option to find it.

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

august 12

hsbc

full refund .19-08-2006,

capital one .

I noticed you refered to Section 78 which applies to running account credit. It is Section 77 you need to refer to for fixed sum credit and you should refer to this section throughout the letter.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Hi my ? is regarding my mortgage company (woolwich--now barclays) who have not provided me with a copy of the original loan agreement, I am now well along the road of case at court, and they have turned up to defend every stage so far, my claim is for all monies to be returned from unlawfully added charges added to account over a period of 12yrs, barclays have paid me the first set of charges back, but as yet none of the others!! what I mean is because of unlawfully added charges, the amounts of yearly interest I paid were inflated because of those charges being added, so I am claiming those payments I made back aswell, barclays are trying to say its "double" recovery!! but as I have explained to the judge and he did agree I had a point, that the two things are different, there is amounts that were added to loan which are unexplained even at this stage, one is for £900 which the bank is trying to say was an arrangement fee!! I can understand that amount being paid now-a days but not in 1991, when I first took out the loan, we moved in 2003 and paid up the mortgage which was interest only at that point, and yes we were charged the fee that you pay to close an account, which we are also claiming back, one thing I need to know is because they have refused to supply a copy wether they "can or not", what advantage if any does it give me legally, loan paid up in 2003, court action like alot of others started in 2006, so were they legelly bound in any way to have a copy of agreement stored somewhere? for a number of years after account closed, they have supplied copys of yearly statements for all the yrs(12) so I know how much charges they have put on, and I have a copy of advance which gives some info on it, but of course no signatures on it, so can anyone help me from this point onwards!! cheers Les