whatever happens laptop cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

really frustrated with currys/pc world,

my son tripped on charger cable and laptop fell off worktop,

took 1 week to get picked up from store,

the following week laptop back but with letter saying damage wasn't accidental and if i wanted to appeal against this i was to write to Gary Perryment,

ive done this a week ago and still nothing back.

no-one in store seems to know why i got this letter back and laptop unrepaired.

anyone had this problem,

what happens now or what should i do?

i am disabled and i rely on laptop for food shopping etc as i cannot get out much

i have alerted the rep

you should get a reply in the morning.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Kimg,

Thanks for taking the time to post your question. I am sorry to read of the experience that you have had with getting your product repaired via our extended agreements procedure.

The response from Gary Perryment normally takes between 1 - 4 weeks. I am unable to get involved in the proceedings from this point as Gary Perryment is in charge of the claims investigations team.

All that is needed is for you to document the accident in how it happened and then our team can put together their findings to make sure it does match what has been said.

All the best with your claim. I am sorry that I am unable to offer any further assistance with this claim.

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Looks like we are in the same boat.

It's funny the agreement or store staff say nothing about service requests being transferred to investigations team for weeks or months when you hand over your hard earned cash does it.

Let me guess " If you take this cover everything is covered and we will fix it straight way or replace it for you sir"

But in reality you answered the door, took the package and then opened it to find a knackered laptop with a really snotty letter.

Give him two weeks to respond then write again stating any questions you what him to answer and what you want him to do. Put in the letter a date you want him to reply by e.g. 14 days and only deal in writing and keep all of it.

Interesting in the view of it's something to learn from and action. I'm glad all the customers in that video got their problems sorted in the end.

Hi

That is the problem. I would say that only the ones that get widespread media coverage get repairs/refunds/compo whereas the rest get treated like dirt.

Currys/PC World should hang their head in shame

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Do you know this for sure? If that many customers really got treated like 'dirt', Watchdog would have had more than the hundred complaints the BBC stated when that segment got aired. What about guys like Paul, people who care about the customer, you're tarnishing them all like that which isn't fair.

I will agree that my wording was a little off. Of course they don't treat 'everyone' like dirt. What I meant was the ones that come here. You have to remember, here on CAG we very rarely hear anything good about Currys, PC World and of course Comet

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

We actually have a reviews section where we actively encourage anyone who has had good service to post a review. We don't seem to get many unfortunately.

I agree that we should praise good service as much as lambast bad.