what is my employment status

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you mean are you classed as an employee?

For an opinion on your employment status, go to the HMRC website and enter employment status indicator in the search box and then answer the questions and you will be presented with an opinion of your status

(sorry can't seem to post a link for you on the IPod)

Gbarbm

according to HMRC i am an employee, but i get no holidays or sick benefits pay, how come, i darn t ask, i will be dumped, i will have no work, work is when they want or need me, i feel i have no rights,

oh p.s. i work for a part ov the government

just to say i had a small operation once and went back to work within 3 days, i didnt dare take time off yet i felt ill

I don't understand why you're not getting holidays etc.

I only work one day a week in a supermarket (in addition to my main job) and I get 5 days leave a year. I'm also entitled to sick pay, although I wouldnt get any unless I was sick for 4 weeks as I'd have to do 3 waiting days (3 weeks) before I got anything.

Do you have a contract or written terms/conditions of your employment?

Gbarbm

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

thought I would reply to this post as it seems similar to my situation. I am also a sessional worker for a charity organisation and I was always told "sessional workers dont get holiday pay" but I have found out this is wrong.

The term "worker" is important here, assuming your over 18.

You dont need to have a written contract to get holiday pay, if your over 18 and your employer deducts tax/NI from yoru sessional pay you fall within the definition of a “worker” in Regulation 2(1)of the working time regulations and you are entitled to paid annual leave in terms of Regulation 13.

Also dont be fooled by the rolled up holiday pay, i.e "its included in your hourly rate", this is probably illegal, if holiday pay is rolled up it should clearly state on the pay slip what is basic pay and what is holiday pay.

There seems to be an awful lot of organisation who dont pay any holiday pay to sessional workers, this is wrong(confirmed by a solicitor), if you are classed as a sessional worker, make sure you get your holiday pay.

Hope this helps someone.