DLA Medical not completed

raec.1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening

I would very much appreciate so advice as I think I have made a big mistake.

I applied for DLA and was declined, I asked for a reconsideration and a doctor came to the house. He completed 20 mins of the medical and terminated it as he felt I was too ill to continue. We then had a brief chat and he asked if it was a bad day. I replied no a good one as I am up.

Several weeks later I received a letter stating they needed to complete the medical. I replied asking for the medical to be postponed until I was well enough. Then received a reply stating they were unable to postpone the medical and would I like to stop the appeal and re apply at a later date when I am well enough.

I signed the letter confirming that I would re-apply when my health had improved.

I am unsure if I have made a grave mistake as I definately wont be eligable for DLA when my health improves?

Any comments would be most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to badger you all - any one out there with any advice would be very much appreciated.

I forgot to mention that when I filled in forms for ESA I was placed in the support group, not sure if this is really relevant to the DLA application.

What date did you sign the letter saying you would re-apply at a later date? If you are in the support group then DLA is an option. Phone up DLA and ask them if they can still reconsider your previous application? If not re-apply and ask for consideration for backdating. On the application (back pages) write that you applied recently - that due to health reasons could not complete medical when doctor visited. This should enable them to get a doctor out to you. Times are difficult when you are sick, but you will have to allow them to do their medical. Do you have a friend or family member that can support you?

The two benefits are based on two different things. Some criteria does overlap though.

It depends how much your health has improved. IE, you may say your health has improved; but you may still have care and /or mobility needs.