• Tweets

• I had a parcel that I needed shipped from Borehamwood WD6 to Edinburgh EH14 that was 12in x 12in x 12in & weighed just shy of 9kg. It was accepted at a Hermes Drop off point on the 9th Sept 2020 on a 48hr DELIVERY & on the 10th Sept showed as :On its way....12:59 - Thu 10 Sep...We've got your parcel and we're processing it for you. As of yet ( 1500hrs on 25/09/2020 ) I have still not received my parcel. This parcel was a wedding gift hamper of 'unknown goodies' so pretty important that I had it before 13th September 2020 The value of the parcel was £150.00 so I am not best pleased that it was lost by Hermes, as it was a Wedding gift I then felt obliged to give the Bride & Groom the cash to buy whatever they desired as the parcel was delayed. If the parcel was to have later turned up I would have still allowed them to keep both gifts, what annoys me is the lack of clarity that Hermes can offer me, I can't understand how a 12in squared box isn't traceable? ( maybe a member of staff has 'hidden it' for later enjoyment ). any assistance in this matter would be good because between Hermes & Packlink I am hitting 'brick walls'   Cheers, Peter  
    • All sent this morning registered delivery  let’s see what happens now 🤷🏼‍♀️  thanks dx for the above  MJ 
    • I am not sure what you are expecting. This is nothing new, it is just that the person concerned caught the incident on camera, that makes it newsworthy, apparently. Simply the EA fell foul of the regulation which defines "relevant premises". I can think of several judgments which agree with this, and found against the Bailiff..: 6)Otherwise premises are relevant if the enforcement agent reasonably believes that they are the place, or one of the places, where the debtor— (a)usually lives, or (b)carries on a trade or business. The bailiff may call at relevant premises, this may or may not correspond to any residential information suppled by the creditor or his office, the provision is permitted under his general powers.   The point is that the EA must have a reasonable belief that the person lives or works there. Once the EA acts outside the procedure authorised by his writ(Schedule( 12), he is open to actions under common law or those rules applicable under other legislation.   Problems only arise when people take this incident to prove something that it doesn't.     There is no disputing that the bailiff and the company behaved atrociously, and there is no denying that DCBL makes a habit of this kind of thing    
    • I feel a snotty something coming on. Whatever it is it's not Batflu 😂😂   It was an ANPR capture. ..... SMILE 🖕.....   Is this enough or should I write a proper defense??   A lack of contractual obligation makes your demands spurious, please refer back to your client and desist this harassment
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1374 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Will have to check out HM !!

I was reading an article on the basic standards of living costs, and apparently 1 roll per week per person is enough.

Thats 4 rolls a month per person.

Though I imagine most people buy more than that amount, esp if they go for an indian.

The court needs to put this into consideration.

On the whole its good stuff too!!! :D

I think if you apply housing benefit legislation, you will find its 4.3333 rolls.

Joking aside - it was £3,59 for 18 rolls. I had bought it before and knew it was OK - so bought five 18 packs. Between two of us I doubt if it will last until March next year!

I have tried every single toilet paper going :oops:

And to be honest, I come to the same conclusion every time - it works out cheaper to buy the good stuff! The cheap stuff only lasts five minutes as you need to use loads of it, and there's not a great deal on the roll when you compare it to the good stuff - I found that Cushelle were the best, till that was I recently came across the latest one out buy Andrex, it's called "gorgeous comfort quilts" - it is so thick you only need a couple of sheets (seriously), so they last forever! (Well, maybe not forever - but they last a heck of a longer time than any other toilet roll I've ever used!).

And they're 12 rolls for £5.50 :-D

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• 1 month later...

Toilet roll needs to be less like John Wayne (tough on the whole, and doesn't take any crap off anyone) and more like Captain Kirk (soft, strong, and wipes out all Klingons from Uranus)

All big shops have "loss leaders" to draw you in there. It works out cheapest for me to go to 3 places to do my shopping. I'll have to pop in to Farmfoods and grab some of the toilet roll, I pop in there once a month to stock up my chest freezer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'll have to pop in to Farmfoods and grab some of the toilet roll, I pop in there once a month to stock up my chest freezer.

No with the bog rolls, I hope !!! :-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You've not tried my "chilli con carne". You'd not argue with the toilet rolls being in the freezer if you had :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

You've not tried my "chilli con carne". You'd not argue with the toilet rolls being in the freezer if you had :p

:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've found the Co-op own brand is comparable to Andrex - I usually buy it when it's on offer and stock up till the next offer.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Cushelle are a good brand; I wait for the 'sales' or when they go 'half-price' at the supermarket and stock up. We use toilet roll for everything, including wiping noses as it works out cheaper than face tissues, obviously from the pack and not the bathroom. I never buy paper towels either, just use toilet roll to mop up after someone has spilled tea for example.

Wilkinsons sell a brand called Regina the one with the flowers on lasts me the longest the Softis ones they sell are nice but don't go as far,if they are on offer I stockup

Old sandpaper sometimes comes in handy !!!

Edited by maroondevo52

Old snadpaper sometimes comes in handy !!!

It can be a little rough on the whole.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I admit that I have snaffled a few freebie toilet rolls when times have been really rough. 1 roll per person per week in this house is a joke. My 5yr old is still in the 'shove the whole roll down the loo' stage. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

you have to be joking right? stealing toilet paper from a public loo? this is theft!

i can help you reduce the cost of your toilet paper bill by exactly 50%! think of it, a guaranteed 50% saving every week, month and year on your loo rolls.

all you need to do is to use BOTH sides of the paper, this reduces your cost by 50%

i guess that using both sides of the paper could be seen as green and environmentally friendly also

if you want to save 75%, then just split the 2 ply tissue into 2 separate sheets - a whopping 75% saved!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
how about taking from work place?

Thats theft is it not :)