• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice about where to start with my claim I have been through the forum looking for a definitive answer about which way to proceed.

Basically I am on a dmp and have been for just over a year my estimated debit free date is june 2025 so as you can guess i owe a fair bit across 8 accounts ;- 3 with lloyds , 1 halifax, 1 egg,1 tesco and 2 with mbna.

I know I should be able to reclaim on at least 2 of the above if not more , i also know any money will go off my overall debit which again I am fine with .

What i would like help with is the following

Most of the accounts for the above have been closed by the lenders so should i just go for a SAR for each of them ??

On my CCS statement it states the two MBNA debits are being paid to moorgate loan servicing and the egg on to barclay card so who should i write to.

In the case of the halifax one would a SAR to lloyds given me the halifax info.

I also had a egg loan a couple of years ago and I am sure i paid ppi during the loan period (think this might be longer than five years ago though)

Also because I have the dmp and these organisations are still getting money off me will it make it easier.

Also my mortage is with cheltenham and Gloucester so would the sar to Lloyds give me my mortage info as well as i think I may be paying ppi on that as well.

Finally am i best sending a sor request straight from the begining

As you can tell things are a bit of a mess and i woulld like to take some positive steps to sort them out

Any advice will be most welcome and i will keep you informed of progress once i get started

Thanks

Mark:???:

Looking for some advice about where to start with my claim I have been through the forum looking for a definitive answer about which way to proceed.

Basically I am on a dmp and have been for just over a year my estimated debit free date is june 2025 so as you can guess i owe a fair bit across 8 accounts ;- 3 with lloyds , 1 halifax, 1 egg,1 tesco and 2 with mbna.

I know I should be able to reclaim on at least 2 of the above if not more , i also know any money will go off my overall debit which again I am fine with .

What i would like help with is the following

Most of the accounts for the above have been closed by the lenders so should i just go for a SAR for each of them ??

Yes, SAR to each lender

On my CCS statement it states the two MBNA debits are being paid to moorgate loan servicing and the egg on to barclay card so who should i write to.

MBNA

In the case of the halifax one would a SAR to lloyds given me the halifax info.

No, SAR both Lloyds and Halifax

I also had a egg loan a couple of years ago and I am sure i paid ppi during the loan period (think this might be longer than five years ago though)

Also because I have the dmp and these organisations are still getting money off me will it make it easier.

Does not affect it at all

Also my mortage is with cheltenham and Gloucester so would the sar to Lloyds give me my mortage info as well as i think I may be paying ppi on that as well.

SAR C & G

Finally am i best sending a sor request straight from the begining

Yes

As you can tell things are a bit of a mess and i woulld like to take some positive steps to sort them out

Any advice will be most welcome and i will keep you informed of progress once i get started

Thanks

Mark:???:

Hi

See my answers in red above

Process will be SAR for any account where you don't have all statements. For the loan accounts add in a line that says it is to include copies of any and all agreements you have had with them.

Then you will prepare a spreadsheet of claim and complete a fos questionnaire for each account.

Send spreadsheet and completed questionnaire to each lender.

ims

• 2 months later...

Hi folks

apologies for the delay in responding I did intend on starting the ball rolling back in April but a lack of money meant I could not buy the postal orders until now.

So I have bought 5 £10 postal orders to send off SAR's my question is who to send them to

they are going to the following :-

Lloyds Tsb

Halifax

Tesco

MBNA

and EGG

What would be the best address to send them to and should i request proof of posting from the post office

Thanks Again

Mark

you should find the correct addresses in the named forums for those companies

look in the stickies up the top of each forum.

or just use our search top right.

proof of posting is the cheapest option yes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey starchild,

Did you managed to find the address to post to? Cos I tried to follow dx100uk's comment but can't find it? Iam looking for address for Barclays, Blackhorse and Northern Rock - to send them with my SAR letters.

And I wonder if I can send SAR letter to my mortgage and previous mortgages (currently with Abbey (Standarder) and in the past was with GE, etc. for PPI. Or is it only limited to personal loan and credit card facilities?

Let me know and cheers,

AussieBloke

yes you can no ppi is off limits

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey Aussiebloke

I know what you mean about the addresses ,with the MBNA one I have eneded up going on the website.There is so much information on here that it becomes difficult to find things (said with the greatest respect to the people offering advice)

With regards to myself I am going to start with my main loan and credit card ppi queries using the SAR process see what comes back and then do one for the mortgage which I have had for at least 15 years and see if there is anything is there.

Although money is tight I figure for the sake of £10.00 if I can reduce my debit free period by any amount of time it is a result.

Hope the above helps

Regards

Mark

Hey thanks guys - you are champ.

When ims21 said "sent to the registered office of each lender addressed the "Data Controller". So would that be right, say on my bank statement, on the bottom it says:

"Barclays Bank Plc, Reg. Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP."

...so that would be the postal address - adding "Data Controller" at the begining, right mate?

AussoeB;oke

Yep...you got it :-)

Send recorded so that you know when they receive them as they will have 40 days to comply.

Also, registered office addresses are easily Googled

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I have not been on her for a couple of years some personal issues we hopefully are starting to resolve themselves.

I was going to sar several orginisations that i thought I had ppi with

I got the postal orders but hit a sticky patch an recashed the postal orders in to use instead and forgot about the ppi issue for the time being.

in march this year i got a letter form lloyds stating I may have had ppi on a personal loan

and if I fille in the questionaire and they would be in touch .

I sent it back end of march and

got a phone mid April and guy asked me some questions relating to sickness benefit in my employment and death in service etc

I answerd all his questions and he said I would hear a decision within two weeks.

Last week a letter came with a cheque for £4,300 which I was gobsmacked at but most grateful for .

I have since recieved two other questionaire forms from llloyds relating to credit cards and also mortage protection insurance , which I plan on sending off shortly.

My question is

is it just worth sending off the fos questonaires which most of the bank sites allow you to download

or should i revert back to sars for the remaining 4 i need to chase.

Regards

Mark:jaw:

I've had similar from the Halifax, they sent me a letter and questionnaire, I filled it in and returned it on May 1st, but not heard anything more as yet. After filling it in I remembered excessive and disputed charges being made so I have sent a SAR since.

I've already had two successful PPI claims and have a couple of other claims for charges in the pipeline. The suggestion is to get copies of the proper FOS questionnaire, rather than the one the banks issue - just in case they have changed anything on their version ;-)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

and its always better to not discuss things on the phone too.

if these were all with Lloyds

you only need one sar

and they

Thanks for the reply DX

the discussion on the phone seemed to be based around the death in service benefits from my employer and also the period I would get sickness pay.

Also had a call from lloyds yesterday !! asking if I would be interested in using part of the payment to pay off one of my debits to them at a reduced rate (£700 knocked off the original amount ) which I declined as previously mentioned this year has been tough and I need very penny I can get at the moments although I will be making a donation to this fantastic site shortly.

I have printed off copies of fox questionnaires for the others apart from MBNA who give their own form on their website

you use the FOS one .. no excuses

dx

and they

Also had a call from lloyds yesterday !! asking if I would be interested in using part of the payment to pay off one of my debits to them at a reduced rate (£700 knocked off the original amount ) which I declined...

Sounds more like a DCA than Lloyds... ?

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi hillards ,

you may be right although the guy did say he was lloyds ??

just been on your own site some really interesting info on there.

DX gonna take your advice and use the FOS forms for all of them

Hi hillards ,

you may be right although the guy did say he was lloyds ??

And I'm Richard Branson... Same as these [problem] calls saying they are Micro$oft and demanding that you top your computer infecting their 'Internets' and to download their software... Could be anyone. CAG rule #1 is 'never discuss matters over the phone' - good advice ;-)

just been on your own site some really interesting info on there.

A long time since I updated it but pleased people are still making use of it.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

It's been exactly a year since I was last on here asking for advice I had some success with ppi claims

but the two I thought would be certanties with both rejected by Lloyds in May last year .

I did mean to challenge them but life takes over and we have had some family issues ,

last week I said to my partner we will have to sit down and resubmit claims against Lloyds as during my original claim

I did not mention I had some savings in the form of £800 in a credit union and £400 premium bonds left to me by my dad

,so we were going to sit down this weekend and go through all the letters.

On Monday I got a call from Lloyds the guy said they were looking at my claim again from last May

and could he go through the questionaire again and did i want to add anything ,

I mentioned about the savings and that I was palnning on submitting a new questionaire .

He replied that I would not need to as he ahd gone through the info again with me

Has anyone else had a call like this of Lloyds ,

at the time a had several cards with them which they linked together for the claim and the guy confirmed I was paying PPI on them for 6 years

until the cards were cancelleld in 2009.

Do you think threr is a chane they may reverse their original decision a year later

As always any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Mark

well Lloyds have been heavily fined numerous times for refusing PPI reclaims.

did you ever SAR them?

dx

and they

well Lloyds have been heavily fined numerous times for refusing PPI reclaims.

did you ever SAR them?

dx

Hi dx ,

no I did'nt I did have every intention of doing but as mentioned life took over we have 4 kids two going into seniors this year and despite us both working our guts off moneywise will still appear to be going backwards.

the phone call came out of the blue if i manage to get anything off them it will a blessing I quired the other rejected one whilst he was on phone relating to mortagesure which I think was lloyds on mortage ppi he sadi he would make a note of it and pass it onto the relevant team but I may have to submit a new fos questionaire

He said I would hear the outcome of his review in a couple of weeks:|

get the sar off

no good trying to speculate what you might be owed

and stay off the phone

dx

and they

The FCA have pretty much ordered the banks to revisit claims that have been rejected - we are seeing quite a few people refunded this time round.

One cagger was rejected by the bank first time round, so he employed a CMC to make a claim.. hey presto.. the bank paid out ?

He is now considering suing the bank for the fee he has had to give the CMC for making the claim on his behalf.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the advice citizen and dx

will sort out the sar's letters tommorrow in work and will try and avoid conversations on the phone with anyone who calls regarding PPI gonna tackle tesco again as well they sadi no last year as well

Will keep you all informed of progress and update when i can it's difficult with having teenagers one of whom is quite nosey so I can only get on heer when they go to bed

Thanks again for the advice

Mark