DCAs quick question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now youv'e done it the tracing agents have started and if you have not

told the milkman it's SB the letter from the duff debt collection agency

will send a doorstep collector to harass you:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Seriously Brig a whole industry built on debt . A non stop Juggernaut, make a late payment on a c/card , gas bill then you wake the sleeping beast.

It is enough to make you weep. DCAs just waiting to trip you up and bamboozle you. Do these people have any scruples ?

What needs to be considered is why the UK is so caught up in debt, why

do accounts go unpaid, why are default notices ignored, was credit to easy

to get in the past??

Is it all based on what we WANT instead of what we NEED?

We answer many hundreds of posts on CAG and we are not the only

forum of this type I see perhaps an average of 20 cases a week in my

other life and they are all in reality the same.!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I owe my local shop over £50 for an unpaid paper bill.

I refused to pay them as they failed to tell me that there was a daily charge of 20p per delivery.

This was over 12 months ago. It's my local shop and I go in a few times a week for a paper or an amergency loaf of bread...

The UK is in debt as years ago banks were offering 125% mortgages. So straight away you're off to a bad start!

Just reading through some posts, is there any debt a DCA wont chase ? I owe my

milkman £ 2.37p from nine years ago. I expect a threat o gram from Moorcrap

at any day now!

I'm sure they will offer you a very generous 50% discount. My advise is offer them a penny a week and start drinking black coffee! :razz:

Is it all based on what we WANT instead of what we NEED?

Not for me Brig, I (and the better half) ran up a chunk of personal debt but I haven't had a holiday in 7 years, there is no Jaguar sitting on the drive and there is a distinct lack of caviar, foie gras and truffles on the dinner table. I genuinely feel that most of the debt that is run up is to fund the essentials when the pay packet don't quite stretch far enough.

I remember a time when banks where chucking money and credit cards at people.My c/card co would often send a book of cheques to encourage me to spend. Now chickens have come home

to roost. Yes a lot of posts in the debt forum are variations on the same theme. Its the DCAs

shenanigans and attitude towards debtors that annoys me. I have dealt with DCAs on the phone and you get the same spiel, same tactics just change the debt , but an important definition to make is who went out and spent recklessly and those who are borrowing to maintain a

reasonable lifestyle. One piece of advice I would give is always keep up a dialogue with the OC

because they have to treat you a lot better than any DCA will. Onwards and upwards

• 2 months later...

Moorcroft are advertising for collectors again.

Not the first time I have seen this advert but you are required to have lockable

storage, perhaps you will need a dungeon to lock up debtors and torture them untill they pay up.

Any thoughts

Edited by 42man

I believe it is a regulatory requirement for anyone who handles client money, to have measures in place to secure the money. If a doorstep collector collects money in the evening, as their office will be closed, they will not be able to deposit the money, so need to keep it safe until the next morning.

I just wonder what the position is of the OFT/FSA in regard to these people keeping client money in their own homes for periods of time.

Also how many of these people will declare to their Home Insurers that they are keeping client money in their homes on a regular basis. I think many Home Insurers would refuse to provide any cover, if they were aware of this. If any debt collectors are currently doing this, without informing their Insurers, their Home Insurance could well be invalid.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the only reason I can see (especially as they are not bailiffs) is that when the doorstep collectiors call, then people may want to offer a household item as payment ???!!

They will probably dupe the more gullible people into believing that they are bailiffs and walk away with household goods instead of cash. Wide open to fraud

I wonder why you are required to have lockable storage ?

For any money they collect I would presume.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 1 year later...

Good morning caggers,

Got in the other day and noticed I had a missed call on this number : 08003289911 .

So being curious I phoned back to see who it was and a female answered and said

" Hello my name is Susan how can I help ," not this is B GAS or Daves double glazing ect.

Being a suspicious cagger I put the phone down and checked out the number on who calls me

and found out it was Cabot

.Is this a tactic to glean information from unsuspecting punters ?

If I phoned back and said I had a missed call

she would have said politely whats your number and could you confirm your name and address ect,

very underhand or am I being paranoid ?

BTW I do not have or want to have any dealings with this mob , what are they like anyway ?

have been warned , make a note of the number.

Your Fulhamboy

Likely a phishing attempt. Cabot are well known chances so its best to ignore phone calls or demand things in writing

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not a very professional way of answering a company telephone ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello citizenB ,

Precisely is this done on purpose ? I forgot to mention on the whocallsme website .

On one of the posts regarding this number it said that although you think you are

dialing a free phone number , your call is somehow re directed onto a premium rate

line which obviously costs you . How this is done or if its true I dont know.

One final whinge if ANY DCA wants you to contact them why do they use premium rate numbers ? Why would anyone phone a DCA to be told you owe us X amount and by the way this call has cost you a £2 , cheeky bar stewards .

Now do you believe that you should never, phone a DCA?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!