BankFodder BankFodder

netsniper

B&S DCA chasing old HB 'debt' already been to a court - given a conditional discharge.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1233 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thank you I will contact them and ask for their opinion. Thank you once again.

I have received a letter today from the council in which they state ....Please not that when we consider your income and expenditure we take into account all of your income including DLA.

So it looks like some of you guys got it wrong? or are they wrong?

Yes imo they are. I've read of some councils doing this and sadly succeeding. :(

Guest Miss Anxious

I too have an overpayment and they wanted to take £20 odd pounds a week from me.......I rang them and after a bit of persistence, they backed down and put it down to £5 a week......how can anyone live off £70 a week, bills food etc etc.....

Try pleading with them......best of luck!

Have a look at page 11/27 here >> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491331/a13-2015.pdf this may or may not help...

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I too have an overpayment and they wanted to take £20 odd pounds a week from me.......I rang them and after a bit of persistence, they backed down and put it down to £5 a week......how can anyone live off £70 a week, bills food etc etc.....

Try pleading with them......best of luck!

I've tried I have also told them that my daughter and her son live in the same house and we are joint tenants so if I can't pay my share of the rent then we will all be evicted.

Have a look at page 11/27 here >> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491331/a13-2015.pdf this may or may not help...

MM

Page 11 just confirms that they can take £18.50 per week but can't see anything of relevance on page 27?

For those who do not know?

The dwp and the council take dla into account as an income for the purposes of repaying any over payments.

I have received another letter today asking me to make payments to an overpayment of council tax,

I am already paying back at the rate of £118.40 per month which is taken from my HB and a further £118.40 from my other benefits to repay an overpayment to the DWP see my breakdown on the previous page.

I am already struggling and getting into debt with money

I am borrowing from family and friends to cover my living costs already,

I am suppose to pay half the rent in the house that I rent with my daughter in law who only moved to a bigger house to help me out as I had no where to live so she is now having to pay the difference which means she has less to spend on her son (my grandson)

what am I suppose to do now

I can't pay any more than I am paying

and they have told me in the letter that unless I offer them a payment they will pass it to Bristow and Sutor for collection.

I don't know why they haven't put all this together

it seems that its been broken up into bits but its all the same case,

they have sent me yet another budget sheet.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Ps the sum in the letter I received today is for £572.39.

you cant have an over payment of CTAX

you mean you owe CTAX,

have they gotten a Liability order then?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

The letter says in bold

Notice of liability order-unpaid council tax £572.38

Liability order was issued by Ludlow magistrates court Saturday 14th July 2007 in respect of none payment of council Tax

and they are only just chasing this...

urmm..something smells here.

Going to ring them today to find out what its all about?

Who was the ctax letter from?

Revenues section of the council