contravention: 46 : Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve got a PCN by TfL for contravention: 46 : Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway) recorded by CCTV at 4:10pm. It was a loading bay operational between 10am – 4pm.

I think the loading bay markings are wrong because such bays should be always one rectangle outlined by dotted lines. In my case, the loading bay consists of two rectangles – one long one with another small one – without any separating line in between. I parked in the small one. There was only one parking restriction sign near the longer box.

I’d be grateful if somebody can tell me if the loading bay markings are right or wrong.

Many thanks

I’ve got a PCN by TfL for contravention: 46 : Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway) recorded by CCTV at 4:10pm. It was a loading bay operational between 10am – 4pm.

I think the loading bay markings are wrong because such bays should be always one rectangle outlined by dotted lines. In my case, the loading bay consists of two rectangles – one long one with another small one – without any separating line in between. I parked in the small one. There was only one parking restriction sign near the longer box.

I’d be grateful if somebody can tell me if the loading bay markings are right or wrong.

Many thanks

A) its not a loading bay its a red route bay were you are permitted to stop to load

B) its only in use 10-4 so at 16.15 you are not permitted to stop as the red route is 7am to 7pm as stated on the sign

Thank you all for your replies. I have doubts about the markings. So I attach now two images - one is a screenshot of correct markings and another is a CCTV image sent by TfL of the actual markings. As seen from the second image, there are two boxes without any separating line between them.

I will be grateful if the markings are correct.

IMG_0002.jpg

PCN1.jpg

Thank you for your reply. However, the google map is old, taken in 2007 or 2008. The present CCTV photo sent by TfL is different.

Moreover, you say that the bay may be wider and narrower depending on size of vehicles.

But in my case there is no line of separation between these two bays and there is only one sign for the wider one and I parked in the narrower bay.

Pl. see my attached photo (IMG_0002.jpg).

Pl. give your comment.

To all contributers,

Thank you all for your comments. I think I have little chance for a successful appeal. Any way, I will go for it though not expecting any miracles to happen.

Just one more victim added to the millions of motorists convicted by the dreadful CCTVs which seem to work so well to issue PCNs.