Capquest threat of Court and CCJ

blott
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been sent 2 letters from Capquest advising that they "may be passing on my case to their solicitors" and "to contact them to avoid litigation."

The debt was originally with Tesco personal finance ( a credit card ) but i was unable to pay it as i lost my job around 4 years ago, they were actually really good and froze the interest for me and took a minimum payment for about 6 months but then got fed up and passed my debt on, I decided not to pay any other company as i thought they did not own the debt and if they did they bought it for a couple of quid, i was also struggling for money.

I now have a job and have around £50 spare a month but i am unsure of what to do, should i pay Capquest and try and resolve the debt with them?? I dont want to end up in court!!

Ive signed up to the CreditExpert to try and view my credit rating and possibly who owns the dept but im waiting for a pin number to arrive in the post before i can access it.

The amount is £2094.17 owed i am unsure of any extra charges or late fees added on as it was 4 years ago.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hi

Check the CRA file to see who owns the debt. If it is still the Original Creditor then ignore any DCA and only deal with the OC.

Also SAR the OC to get the statements of account so you can see if there are any charges to reclaim.

Template for SAR is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

ims

OK to get all the data on the debt send a Subject Access Request

under the Data Protection Act 1998 this cost £10 (statutory fee)

Tesco have 40 days to comply.

This should be addressed to The Data Controller at Tesco Bank.

Use the SAR template from the CAG Library.

Also send a CCA request to Capquest to see if they have the agreement,

the stat fee £1 and they have 12+2 working days to comply, again

template in the library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ok so have checked my credit report and it still shows that Tesco next to the debt so i will send SAR to the Tesco as well as a CCA to Capquest with a £1 postal order. That's correct, yes.

Is there any chance that Capquest do own the debt and that my credit file hasn't updated yet?

What if Tesco refer me to Capquest, should i refuse to deal with them?

Is there anyway of making Tesco deal with me direct? As i would like to resole this issue, bit stressful.

Again thank you very much for your help, its greatly appreciated once more!!!

Q1. correct.

Q2. possibly.

Q3. If Tesco still own the debt, make payments

direct online.

Have you only checked 1 CRA?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If Capquest own the debt you would have received a Notice of Assignment. If the CRA file shows Tesco I would ignore CQ and deal only with Tesco.

Matters not if Tesco refer you to CQ if CQ don't own the debt...you only deal with the owner of the debt.

SAR Tesco to see about reclaiming any charges

ims