style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi looking for some advice my daughter got caught with a friend shoplifting from boots i received a call from the security guard telling me he had my daughter and her friend and also telling me what they had stolen between them obviously i was in shock and very upset and gave my permission to release her ,he also told me that they use the retail loss scheme but didnt know if my daughter would be perused by them as she is only 15 and usually have to be 16 but wasnt sure as rules and regulations change all the time !

is this right ?

im terrified of getting the bill through if they do as im a single parent and finding hard like most people to keep my head above water

i no what she has done is very wrong and have stressed this to her very loudly and she will not be going anywhere for a long time :evil:

the amount they stole was about £70 :x so rlp will prob send me a massive bill if she can be perused but how the hell am i going to afford it having sleepless nights stressing about this any advice please thanks

they will threaten courts etc,

just ignore it

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Have a read of the CAB reports that are stickied here.

Boots got their goods back and your daughter has (hopefully) learned from the experience. There was no police involvement.

Ignore anything from RLP - in the case of minors, they prey upon the embarrassment and shame that parents feel in these circumstances.

thanks all i feel so much better now been so stressed worrying and your right Scarletpimpernel about the embarrsentment and shame exactly what i do feel and i no im not the only parent to go through this but you feel it at time .