• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

boXXer vs HSBC ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

let's don't get too far ahead of ourselves here - just to keep it in perspective, next you will get from the court 3 things (probably in a day or two if they just defended) 1) change of court to your local court, 2) a copy of their defense - which will read like every other one we've seen and 3) your a.q. on the a.q. will be a deadline to file it - at the new court in charge of your case - it will be their deadline too to file their a.q.

this is what i don't want you to misinterpret - the deadline is for filing the a.q. and according to what is filed - the court will look at it and decide which track (usually small claims) it need to go down. after the a.q. is filed - a court date would be set and it would be well into jan. or even feb. or longer if the a.q. is just going in in dec. that is good! because all this time it isn't actually going to court is time you and dg have to settle.

i just don't want anyone thinking "oh, no, a.q.= going to court - get out the suit. we aren't there and hopefully won't get there! get it?

my view on the a.q. is it should not be filed until just before the deadline - and the time between should be used to get in touch with dg and press for settlement - by stating that your a.q. is due to go in shortly -you know they wouldn't want to incur even more charges, blah,blah, whatever - look for a reason to get in touch - like did they receive your breakdown of charges? apparently, according to babs on her thread today, debbie d. is out of the office for a couple of days - so wait til your court stuff comes through and find out your a.q. deadline then give them a call, email, fax or write or all of the above. anybody disagree?

I am not going to get drawn into an argument over this. I stated that he needs to be prepared for all eventualities.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and i agree totally - be prepared. i only felt there was room for some confusion when people (and there are several in nearly the same place) start talking about aq deadline dates with the fact that after the aq is sent, a court date will be set. just trying to give a clear overall picture of what is ahead and saying just because it has gone to the defense stage - doesn't mean it won't get settled shortly. if i've muddied the waters with my ramblings, i apologise. i was trying to calm some nerves. emma, i mean you. they are not so going to do this to you. sorry if i've butted in ll.

Ok to clarify things.

1. Claim issed to court (served after 5 days)
  2. Claim acknowledged. ( 14 days max)
  3. Defence entered. (14 days after acknowledge date total 28 days.)
  4. Claim transfered if using MCOL, AQ sent and defence sent.
  5. AQ returned with schedule of charges. (solicitor copy of schedule as well)
  6. Court to decide the track and court date.
  7. Court bundle in 14 days before court date.

This is a brief discription, there are other possibilities (stays, standard disclosure and management hearing etc)

It is always best to be prepared for every possibility.

Good luck!! xx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

RIGHT! got my AQ today, but attached to it was a brief letter saying i have to pay an extra £100 to my local court. Is this right? if so, how do i claim it back?

Thanks

Mike

p.s: is there anything else i need to be doing/knowing?

HSBC Prelim letter sent 3/10/06 1st class recorded, a BIT scared!

HSBC LBA letter sent 18/10/06 1st class recorded. Bit more scared now!

Yeah thats right but hold on, don't file it yet...wait and see. Have you snet your breakdown and called to see if its there? I would...I got my refund in full offered today...didn't send AQ

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

RIGHT! got my AQ today, but attached to it was a brief letter saying i have to pay an extra £100 to my local court. Is this right? if so, how do i claim it back?

Thanks

Mike

p.s: is there anything else i need to be doing/knowing?

Yeah, it will be right -the court will automatically add it to the balance of your claim against the defendant.

Wait though.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

ah ok i see. I sent off my list of charges first class yesterday, so they should have got them today. What do you reccomend i do then? it says i have 14 days to send this form off. Thanks. (getting nervous now!!, lol)

I would wait until about 3 days before then end of the 14 dyas if you are struggling to get the money.

Or, you can jsut pay it and hand it in so it's done - the £100 will automatically be added to your claim amount.

If you sent it recorded you should be able to see if they received it or not then, eh?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

i was just getting confused about what babsp2000 was saying. So, do i send off the AQ and money now, or wait till about 3 days before and then send it all off then? how will it get resolved quicker?

Cheers :)

oh, and i checked royal mail but it didnt say today, so might come up tomorrow.

i was just getting confused about what babsp2000 was saying. So, do i send off the AQ and money now, or wait till about 3 days before and then send it all off then? how will it get resolved quicker?

Cheers :)

That's entirely up to you - personally, I would do it all now (I'm organised). Babs was saying wait so that you may not have to pay the AQ because they may offer before the AQ deadline.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

and lateralus (that's me) says the same. i personally think sending the aq in before it is due just makes no sense. you've sent your breakdown to dg yesterday. sooooo, tomorrow - (or monday) you call dg "just to make sure your breakdown has gotten to them". while you have them on the phone - you ask about the progress of your claim, stating that you will be sending in you aq shortly if, as up to now, you have heard nothing from them. i'm betting the reply will be, you will be hearing from our office with a couple of days and you courteously reply, that's fine, as long as you understand that i will need to have this resolved shortly or i will be filing my aq. got all that??????? it's working - ask babs and others.

what date is your aq deadline, is it local for you - the court?

you are certainly free to do it the other way - file aq now and get the money back from dg though your claim - but why not try this way first.

let us know (i'd make it tomorrow if your schedule allows).

hiya, thanks for your reply. the last date for filing is 30th December. So 15 days from tomorrow, and i assume DG would have recieved my schedule of charges by now, so i will call them and ask whether they have recieved them or not. Sound good to you?

the court isnt far from me at all i dont think.

Hi boXXer,

Definitely recommend giving DG a call tomorrow... I am in very same position as you, well sort of. I received my AQ today but had already been asked for breakdown of charges and sent them to DG on Tuesday by fax and a copy by Royal Mail special delivery. Today I rang DG just to make sure they had got the breakdown (knowing they had) and the very nice lady said yes we have and there is an offer letter on its way to me so I should be getting that tomorrow. My guess is when you ring tomorrow you will be told the same. GOOD LUCK mate.

Martin.

• Haha 1

lol, ive just had an email to your thread, he he! i noticed that you got you AQ today aswell. Will give them a call tomorrow. What did you say to them exactly?

Good luck to you to!

Cheers!

Hi,

I called the lady who had asked for my breakdown of charges,her name was on the letter, a Miss R Tomlinson... just asked if she had got my breakdown of charges and then she did most of the talking saying yes and we have sent a letter to you . I asked what the letter was and was told it was an offer although she did not say how much for ...one thing that did concern me was when I asked how long it would take for the money to get to my account (just in case the offer was for full amount and I accepted by Fax)...I was told it would take 7 days....I was hoping it could be done quicker.....do not worry about phoning DG they are ok really..if you need the number let me know...oh and they have always rang me back if I have had to leave a message, even calling my mobile...

Thanks

Martin.

It's ok, you didn't worry me, i'm worrying myself silly anyway, you've been a big help & i'm just being a stereotypical woman & worrying lots :). I'll stop sabotaging your post now mike & move back to my own :D

LOL @ sabotaging! only just seen this. Dont worry about it, we all need help at this!

Hi,

I called the lady who had asked for my breakdown of charges,her name was on the letter, a Miss R Tomlinson... just asked if she had got my breakdown of charges and then she did most of the talking saying yes and we have sent a letter to you . I asked what the letter was and was told it was an offer although she did not say how much for ...one thing that did concern me was when I asked how long it would take for the money to get to my account (just in case the offer was for full amount and I accepted by Fax)...I was told it would take 7 days....I was hoping it could be done quicker.....do not worry about phoning DG they are ok really..if you need the number let me know...oh and they have always rang me back if I have had to leave a message, even calling my mobile...

Thanks

Martin.

Hello mate. Thanks for your pm and reply to this thread. Im gunna phone them up in a bit and see what they say. NERVOUS.com