• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

boXXer vs HSBC ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

woohoo! lucky you! ;) i used that 8% spread sheet, but ive been reading some people are claiming 8% up until they filed the MCOL. Is that correct? i was just gunna claim for the 8% up until the last charge. i.e, if my charges total £2093, i can claim £2400.59 that includes the 8%?

Cheers

Mike

HSBC Prelim letter sent 3/10/06 1st class recorded, a BIT scared!

HSBC LBA letter sent 18/10/06 1st class recorded. Bit more scared now!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 8% cant be claimed until mcol so if others are doing that, they r doing it wrong lol.

i know some are not going for the 8% but instead going for contractual interest which is about double but u'd need to search that up as i havent looked too much into it

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

yeah i know that bit, cos i nearly claimed for the 8% myself! oops. What i mean is, when you add the 8% at MCOL stage, is it just the total charges plus 8%?

its all worked out on each individual charge and the date it was taken from you so the older it is, the higher it is. u dont just do a xxx + 8% = xxxx

if u do the spreadsheet u will see how it breaks it down. is a pain to fill in all the bitsd but a lot easier than calcualting it all urself!

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

I agree, I have just been claiming the 8% APR and no other interest (it gets too complicated if I wanted to claim back the interest) and the contractural interest, well, I just can't get my head around it! :(

Boxxer, let me know when you're preparing MCOL and I'll post you a template that fits into MCOL for your particulars of claim!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

hi un1boy. see you have lots settled now. well done!

good luck boXXer. if u need a hand we will help wherever we can. :)

HSBC

Hi Kazzy, yep just Lloyds to go now - I'm leaving Egg for a bit until I've paid uit off, hehe.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

yeah i dont blame you.

im about to start claiming bank charges with lloyds for a friends account and im going after direct auto finance as they have ripped me off quite badly to the tune of £9000 for a car worth £3500 lol.

sorry boXXer...not meaning to hi-hack ur thread :)

HSBC

lol @ hi-jacking my thread. Its all good! any info is good IMO. Will add you to my msn today Kaz. :)

• 2 weeks later...

RIGHT! 14 days are up as of end of today, SO can someone help me write the MCOL text, and show me how to add up the interest. (un1boy!)

Cheers

Mike

Just had a look at the spreadsheet, and all i wanna do is add the 8% by the courts, not by overdraft charges. SO, do i just get the total (which is £2083) and add 8%? or do i need to work it out another way?

Cheers

Mike

could someone PLEEEEEEASE help me as i wanna get the MCOL sorted in the morning. Sorry to be a pain. :(

Here’s how to file your claim with MCOL:

Go to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp and register with them.

Fill in the forms which are quite straightforward and in the particulars of claim, the text I used was:

"The Claimant had a contract with the Defendant Your account number here from Approximate date account opened which was conducted on their standard terms and conditions. The Claimant claims the return of £ amount before adding % age levied by the defendant in the way of charges. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999, Para 8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The defendant has been asked to justify the charges but they have declined to do so. The Claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from Date of the first of their charges against you to Date of the last charge of £ place the 8% figure here and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of multiply your amount before interest by 0.0002 and put here (Mine is £0.45).

Tick No for Human Rights Issues.

The Addresses you need to send the copies of the schedule are:

For Barclays:

Litigation and Disputes Team

Level 29

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

And for MCOL it’s

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Hiya mate. Thankyou so much for your reply. Im just pretty confused on the 8% part. can you explain how its done? i basically did a calculation from the spreadsheet of the first date of charge, to the last date with this formulae= =(C9*0.00022)*E9

so, so i just add up all these charges, and add them to the claim. (mine being £324 on top)

i can email you a copy to have a look if you like?

Thanks!

OK. I can only tell you what I did. I used the England Simple Excel spreadsheet from this site which is found here.

I don't want to seem to be trying to be like a schoolteacher here but I am concious that others learning their way around this system will read this thread and this post and learn from them so I am explaining it in Laymans' terms from the very beginning so please forgive me.

When you fill the spreadsheet in, you overtype what's already there until you've covered all your charges. Dependant on how many entries you have then you may have to add some rows or delete surplus example entries below.

All entries you make are in three columns. These being:

"In Respect of", "Amount" and "Date Incurred". At the bottom of the "Amount" column you will see a total. That's the one without interest, and that's the one you use at Prelim Letter and LBA stage.

The spreadsheet will have done its own calculations in the other two columns which are entitled "Days since Offence" and "Interest 8% APR". You don't touch those at all. The days since offence column calculates the number of days since the bank made the charge and which appears on your statements up to the day you are viewing the spreadsheet. If you look at one column on two consecutive days, you'll see the totals have gone up by a day. So will the interest.

Now at the bottom of the interest column, you will see two totals. The top one is the total Interest @ 8% which is re-calculated automatically by the spreadsheet each day and the larger total below it is the total sum at the bottom of the "Amount" column plus the subtotal at the base of the "Interest" column.

When the spreadsheet is produced for the Prelim and LBA stage, it is printed out excluding the last two columns and totals. There are several ways to do this, the easiest being to go to "File" at the top of the page and go across to "Print Area" in the drop down menu then "Set Print Area". Set the area making sure that you include the Total under the "Amount" column but exclude the last two columns. When you need to include the 8% interest in the future, you obviously set the print area to include everything.

Does this answer your questions?

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

OK. I can only tell you what I did. I used the England Simple Excel spreadsheet from this site which is found here.

I don't want to seem to be trying to be like a schoolteacher here but I am concious that others learning their way around this system will read this thread and this post and learn from them so I am explaining it in Laymans' terms from the very beginning so please forgive me.

When you fill the spreadsheet in, you overtype what's already there until you've covered all your charges. Dependant on how many entries you have then you may have to add some rows or delete surplus example entries below.

All entries you make are in three columns. These being:

"In Respect of", "Amount" and "Date Incurred". At the bottom of the "Amount" column you will see a total. That's the one without interest, and that's the one you use at Prelim Letter and LBA stage.

The spreadsheet will have done its own calculations in the other two columns which are entitled "Days since Offence" and "Interest 8% APR". You don't touch those at all. The days since offence column calculates the number of days since the bank made the charge and which appears on your statements up to the day you are viewing the spreadsheet. If you look at one column on two consecutive days, you'll see the totals have gone up by a day. So will the interest.

Now at the bottom of the interest column, you will see two totals. The top one is the total Interest @ 8% which is re-calculated automatically by the spreadsheet each day and the larger total below it is the total sum at the bottom of the "Amount" column plus the subtotal at the base of the "Interest" column.

When the spreadsheet is produced for the Prelim and LBA stage, it is printed out excluding the last two columns and totals. There are several ways to do this, the easiest being to go to "File" at the top of the page and go across to "Print Area" in the drop down menu then "Set Print Area". Set the area making sure that you include the Total under the "Amount" column but exclude the last two columns. When you need to include the 8% interest in the future, you obviously set the print area to include everything.

Does this answer your questions?

HI Boxxer, sory for not getting back to you sooner - I've been away from my hose until just now, seems like Welshman has done well helping you though!!

Everything he's said is exactly how I did it.....

in terms of working out the daily interest, you do it like this:

If yur total (BEFORE interest on the spreadsheet) is £2083.00 then you do thefollowing calculation:

2083 * 0.0002 = 0.4166

So, your daily interest rate is 42p......

Hope this helps!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

do they have 14 days to acknowledge the MCOL claim, then 28 days to defend from this date? anyone with any answers?
It's not just MCOL, but the whole court system. Those dates/times are sort of correct, although they do not need to defend, just submit a defence to the court...and they have 14 days from the acknowledgement.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hello! just a quick question. Will it be ok to start MCOL a week late as ive run out of money! DOH!!!!

hello! just a quick question. Will it be ok to start MCOL a week late as ive run out of money! DOH!!!!

Absolutely - just enter it when you have the dosh!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

wicked! cheers pal. :)

then do i just wait for it to all happen? i dont have to do anything further do i?

Nope, just fill in the MCOL form, pay and then they write to you - keep posting when you get the letters and we'll all tell you what to do next.

They will probably acknowledge it before the end of the 14 days saying they will defend and then offer you a settlement!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

its certainly answered some of mine welshman..THANK YOU!! for the sake of hi jacking your thread boxxer - hope you dont mind, can i ask a queston...i have just sent my pelim letter with schedule - interest colums...does the 14 days start from the day i post it or next day? and do i include weekend days or just working days?

Right, filed my MCOL last night!!! SCARED! so what do i do now? sit back and wait?

Cheers!

Right, filed my MCOL last night!!! SCARED! so what do i do now? sit back and wait?

Cheers!

Yep....you'll get a letter from MCOL saying when it's been issued and the date it is deemed to be served. They will 14 days from the date it is deemed served to acknowledge and then another 14 days (28 days in total) to enter a defence. they will acknowledge the claim within the 14 days and say that they will defend it in full - then they will write to "without prejudice" offering you a settlement.

Keep us updated.

My charges claims:

Default removals: