Declined PPI Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have two questions that I need help with

I have searched the forums and can not find any help with what I'm looking for.

I have have made 2 with Lloyds and one with Egg.

One has been paid, but not sure that the amount that I was paid was a fair amount.

So I need to know what I to do next.

Lloyds Mortgage - Paid and have not responded to my request for breakdown of how they arrived to the amount they paid me.

Lloyds Credit Card - Declined

Egg Credit Card - Declined

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

My People are destroyed for lack of Knowledge!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. Can you either start a thread in the PPI forum or post on a thread you already have in that forum.

You will get all the help you need there.

Here is the link in case you can't find it http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-(PPI)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Thread moved to PPI forum

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ok simple question first, what were the reasons for not upholding the complaint on the declined ones?

Have you got all of the statements for the credit card and have you got the agreement and statements for the loan?

You can check the offer for the mortgage but to do so you will need to know what you have paid. Was this a separate monthly payment alongside your normal mortgage payment or was it a single premium added to the loan at the outset?

Have you got a record of the payments you made with dates and amounts?

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I filled in the 8 page questionnaire and they say that they had not found sufficient evidence to agree with my allegations.

I do have most of the statements and have started to put together what I have in my files. The payments for the mortgage PPI were monthly along side the Mortgage.

Egg's declines on the bases that the online sales process:

Does not require you to take repayment protection insurance as a condition of obtaining a credit card

Required me to positively confirm that I wished to purchase the policy during the online application.

I should have read the terms and conditions of the policy - The is quite a bit about PPI and no mention on the terms and condition that paying PPI was an option

Ok

Best thing to do now is start two new threads in the PPI forum, one for the Lloyds credit card and one of the Egg card.

Continue to use this one for the mortgage.

So with the mortgage what you want to do is check the amount of the award they gave you.

Use this spreadsheet. Go through and list each payment you actually made. The sheet will calculate the 8% interest you should have received on top. Put the "claim to" date as the date they settled. See how it compares to the amount paid.

Did they send you a letter setting out the offer i.e. premiums paid and the interest and did you have to sign an acceptance?

ims

StatIntSheet v101.xls

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

All they sent was a letter and stating that the amount of this offer is made up of a refund of all PPI Premiums paid plus interest at 8%. I will am pulling out all my mortgage statements to see exactly how much I have paid since 2002. I did not sign any thing.

Edited by sheppie D

No worries

We'll get there

:wink:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions