BankFodder BankFodder

leeseylee

TMobile upped my line rental in April 2011, only just realised!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Now I know this is going to sound pretty dumb but please bear with me:

My mum took out a mobile phone contract with Tmobile for me as I was unable to get one for myself due to bad debt, this was in in 2009, a year later she called to cancel it, and they offered a much better deal, which she asked me about and we decided to then keep, we did not have paper bills but would just call and pay the balance when it was due.

Now 2 weeks ago I called to pay the balance, and as the phone had not been used in some time (2months) I assumed would be around £30, to find out they wanted closer to £70, so I called them (I am named on the account to enable me to speak to them) and asked why the amount owing was so high, to be told that my line rental is £25 per month +vat and has been for a year! Now how I did not notice sooner is I admit, pretty dumb, but I had have been having many many problems with HMRC, benefits etc and assumed that the high amounts due were from having to call these premium rate numbers!

I am 99% positive no one ever told my mum that the deal she took at the time would expire and it would be put up to there standard rate, which is now what they were saying after I complained, me and my mum assumed it would be a rate for life, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered. They reckon they sent paper work, which I never received, I complained via the online form that I was never told of the increase, and they maintain they did, no sorry or anything in the reply, just saying the money owed had been passed on to a debt collection agency and how to pay it.

Do I have a leg to stand on here?