• Tweets

• Thanks Dx. Still finding my way around this forum thing. Cant tell you how grateful I am for all the help. Just submitted the 75 to Natwest. Fingers crossed.
    • ok nothing historic there then. dx  
    • Hi All,  I have tried to use my own words as much as possible, any better suggestions are welcome.  I have been sleepless and hence i can't really think of alternative words, will definitely give it another go if you have points that i may have left out? Worry
    • Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Halifax (2) closed credit cards PPI reclaim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again everyone...when I did my claim for my two credit cards I put the complaints in to halifax at the same time. Now when I got my credit cards they were staggered in the time that I purchased them but they did overlap each other so basically I had them at the same time for a while.

I sent in my complaints and both the Ombudsmens questionaires read the same answers for each card nothing had changed in circumstances.

I applied on the 30th of April 2012 and on the 14th June 2012 I had a letter to say that one of my accounts they agreed that it was miss sold and payed me out my money.

After several weeks of waiting for my second card and many phone calls to a response as to why I hadn't heard about my second card they eventually told me today 28th August 2012 that they didn't think i qualified for miss sold protection on the other card.

Well hello you have just paid me out on my other card for the exact same reasons as this card so why do I have to approach the Ombudsman to take it further............I had the two cards at the same time under the same cicumstances....

Anyone else had this and anyone got any ideas as to what my next step is....

Regards

nigel 1804.:mad2:

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Challenge them on their findings on the second card and ask them to explain why they have admitted they mis-sold the first one but with exactly the same reasons for the second one they have not made such an admission. Ask them to put their reasoning in writing as this may be useful if you have to take it to fos.

• 2 months later...

Hi again everyone can somebody inform me if "CARD HOLDER PROTECTION PLAN" ON A STATEMENT IS A FORM OF PPI. THIS WOULD BE WITH LLOYDS BANK ......LATER IN THE STATEMENTS IT THEN CHANGES TO "PAYMENT PROTECTION COVER" BINGO ....NO....?

Would my apr for the spread sheet be 12 times my monthly interest rate of 1.240...

many thanks

REGARDS

NIGEL1804

Edited by nigel1804

hi IMS21 thanks for that info............so do I then put that in the apr box on CI sheetv101 and is that the amount I would probably receive or do they still add an 8% from the day of each charge...

regards

nigel1804

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone....well after asking the halifax for copies of my claims that I sent to them. Firstly they didn't do anything

then I had several telephone calls with the monkeys at customer services number asking for the copies of the claim .

Several weeks later they sent me a copy of my claim form for the account that they had already paid me out for.

So after more telephone conversations (with the Monkeys)for my other account they eventually sent me a blank Ombudsman questionnaire........do this bank not know what they are doing

So I wrote to them with a fresh claim for the account that they hadn't paid me out for and asked them to explain why they had admitted miss selling two other accounts but not this one when the circumstances were the exact same.

I received a letter back

"Dear mr >>>>>>

I am writing to you following your letter dated 17 th November 2012

On considering the information in the letter ,I do not believe it introduces anything that changes the original decision and I am still unable to agree that the policy was mis-sold.

When we issued our original decision we advised you of your right to refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Services(FOS). and that you had six months from the date of that letter in which to do so. You are still within this timescale so you are within your rights to refer the complaint to the FOS. I have enclosed a leaflet which gives details of how you can get in touch with them.

If you have any queries ,or would like further information,please contact us on 0845 6014034, or alternatively respond to the above address ensuring you quote or reference number.

Now this has been signed by another customer services person yet again someone else not the same as before ( this happens every time) not only that the letter does not address in anyway the answers to the questions I asked for (everytine) and why they give out that number to call I'll never know because you can never speak to the said people who sign the letter and they can never give you a reason or answer to the decision made.......I've a good mind to take them to the Ombudsman for the shear way they have conducted my case never an answer has been given by writing or ringing...........has this happened to anyone else...:evil:.

regards Nigel1804:evil:

How many people have gone to the Ombudsman and a decision has been overturned

Does anyone else have this experience of the halifax dragging their feet

regards

nigel1804

Thanks ims21. Do you agree that the system in this case just seems to be a little lost......they were not able to send me the correct info back after repeated requests

I can't understand why they still feel that this account hasn't been mis sold.

regards

nigel 1804

Hi

The system is not just lost...it is completely broken.

Lenders are now starting to play hard ball but the fight must continue.

When you have some time you might like to do some casual reading around the PPI forums and you'll see what I mean. The excuses and drivel that lenders come up with beggars belief sometimes.

Hi

The system is not just lost...it is completely broken.

Lenders are now starting to play hard ball but the fight must continue.

When you have some time you might like to do some casual reading around the PPI forums and you'll see what I mean. The excuses and drivel that lenders come up with beggars belief sometimes.

Oh I have a pretty good idea of the banking schemers .

I have been a member of this site for a good number of years including all the bank charging years until the house of friends

... Sorry lords ... Decided to help there colleagues along side them out with the final ruling.

The banks have a lot to answer for not only did they get us in the current financial mire but they did it fraudulently .

They have kept people in financial hardship without a care in the world

and the past few years are starting to show their true scruples and the we're alright jack but you can go to hell attitude.

It's people and sites like us that eventually found them out that's why a lot changed there charges policy.

Your guilty as hell the lot of them.

Don't come the moral high ground stuff with me

banking institutions any other organization would have been brought to account and gone bust by now ,

not been bailed out by the tax man .

That sounds surreal to think that the tax man freely gave money to help organizations

that stole money out of people's accounts with charges that artificially inflated the interest rates

well you couldn't write this script in a film .

... Oh and to cap it all pay out ridiculous bonuses to the heads of such organizations.

Now I know the worlds gone mad.

Cheers ims21

So do I now send in all the info and what has gone on with them to the ombudsman with there questionnaire .?

Regards

Nigel1804

• 3 months later...

Just to update here filed complaint with the FOS ombudsman detailing all the previous treatments and wrong decisions.

regards

nigel1804

• 2 weeks later...

Ombudsman has now "set up my case"

nigel 1804