• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Court Action taken! Letter to Chief Excec

Krystyna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had to send a last letter to the chief exec maybe LOL he might take notice.I will send it tomorrow anyone let me know what they think.All advice greatfully received thanks. He looks such a lovely man too perhaps he has a heart after all

Krystyna

Lloyds TSB - Media Centre - Photo Archive - Eric Daniels

Lloyds TSB Bank

Eric J Daniels

25,Gresham Street

London

EX

Dear Mr Daniels

I wrote to you a month ago, about unlawful bank charges levied on my account and my request to have them returned to me. You delegated your reply to Mr Martin Orton in your Customer Service department in Birmingham. I received the enclosed reply and a reply from Mandy Horton with veiled threats to take away my debit card etc. I have written to Mr Orton a further 3 times, he has not replied. This also applies to my branch. They have not had the courtesy too even acknowledge one of my letters let alone the three.

The bank has left me no choice I have tried to negotiate because of their lack of action. I have now issued a claim with The Manchester County Court against Lloyds’sTSB to claim the unlawful charges, interest, court costs I will also ask the Judge award against you expenses as I need my nurse to accompany me. I am in the process of contacting the media about my plight. The interest in this has already gained momentum and as a member of the Consumer Action Group the press interest will no doubt help their cause too.

I feel a bank of your stature that has the largest share of the domestic market and therefore the largest share of 3.5 billion pounds in penalties and charges. You should perhaps take the lead but I fear that you will be very reluctant to do this.

I look forward to a personal and favourable reply as soon as possible.

Thank you

Yours faithfully

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I may sound anal, but a few typos and sentence restructure. Make it look professional... spaced paragraphs, etc.

Otherwise the content is fine! ps Don't thank the bank, they have nothing for us! lol

Good Luck and see what you think of the below...

Dear Mr Daniels

I wrote to you a month ago, regarding unlawful bank charges levied on my account and my request to have them returned to me.

You delegated your reply to Mr Martin Orton in your Customer Service department in Birmingham. I received the enclosed reply and a reply from Mandy Horton with veiled threats to take away my debit card, etc.

I have written to Mr Orton a further three times, with no reply. The Bury branch have not even had the courtesy to acknowledge one of my letters let alone three. Due to the bank's lack of action, it has left me no choice but to proceed through the courts.

I have now issued a claim with The Manchester County Court against Lloyds TSB to claim the unlawful charges, interest and court costs. I will also be claiming expenses as I will need my nurse to accompany me.

I am in the process of contacting the media about my plight. The interest in this has already gained momentum and as a member of the Consumer Action Group the press interest will no doubt help their cause too.

I feel a bank of your stature, having the largest share of the domestic market and therefore the largest share of 3.5 billion pounds in penalties and charges, you should perhaps take the lead but I fear that you will be very reluctant to do this.

I look forward to a personal and favourable reply as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Hi,

Thanks for the help we all get a little anal. I must put my specs on next time I try to type. It’s good to have another pair of eyes to spot the mistakes. No matter how many times you read it yourself. Thanks again your support is appreciated

Krystyna

• Confused 1

Hi Lotta

Thank you for the support I think it spurs everone on to get back what is rightfully ours.I will let everyone know what happens. I took this action because I believe you talk to the organ grinder and not the monkey.I will not be ignored.Best of luck with your claim too.

Kind regards

Krystyna

As you wrote to him the first time he should (or his office) have acknowledged your letter and said they were passing it onto Orton or Horton. It is not the "done thing" for anyone senior to simply pass on without issuing even a standard reply to the sender.

Loula

True Loula

But I think they are really ticked of with us all. I don't give a fishes t*t. I am going to see it through to the end and then some. Any info I can pass to everyone I will

Krystyna

I posted the letter last night so this one will have crossed in the post. Do they actually read our letter the obviously didn't read mine !

I received this from Martin Orton this morning. He thinks he is digging his heels in. County Court here I come and they will be sorry.

As soon as they declare that they are defending in writing off come the gloves.

I have everything ready including my script for the press, whom I will contact again shortly with further details.Any advice will be appreciated

Krystyna

The letter is as follows verbatim

Dear Mrs xxxxxxxx - xxxxxx

I am writing with regard to your recent correspondence.

Naturally, I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied with our response in relation to your request for a refund of the charges levied to your account.

I am aware that my colleagues have written to you to explain our position in full and I am afraid that there is little that I can add to what you have already been told.

Indeed, as previously explained we have already sent our’ final response’ which means that we have outlined our position on a complaint for the VERY last time.

This gives you the opportunity of referring your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independent arbitration.

In this regard, I not your comments about referring this matter to the Manchester County Court and should explain that we intend to defend our position should we be called upon to do so as we are confident that the charges have been correctly levied to your account in accordance with the terms and conditions that you agreed to.

In answer to the questions that you raised, I can confirm that Mrs Horton is an Assistant Manager within this office and I indeed hold the position of Manager. Moreover, it is certainlynot the case that our replies have been automatically generated by a computer script and I am sorry that you believe this to be the case.

I should also clarify that I became involved in this matter as you wrote to the Chief Executive and I deal with General banking concerns on behalf of his Office. Naturally, on being asked to ‘take over’ a file I would need to review all previous correspondence when considering a reply.

I am sorry that I cannot respond on a more positive note

Yours sincerely

Martin Orton

Manager

Not a computer script? So each and every reply we've received has been written for each individual on this forum?

Lotta

They must think we are a stupid!

You only have to look on here to spot the simularities

Unfortunately for them I have a brain and common sense.

We will prevail.

Krystyna

Hi

I am now about to send the good news to Mr Orton, feedback would be appreciated from one and all.

Thanks

Krystyna

Dear Mr Orton

Thank you for your letter of the 6th April the contents I have duly noted. I have also posted a second letter to Mr Daniels. I am sure that he will forward this to you. To save him the trouble I will send an attachment of it for your perusal.

I have now issued a claim through the County Court which you will receive within the next few days, for charges interest, expenses etc plus costs for my Nurse to go to court with me. I have also contacted the Media, Newspaper and Television who are only to happy to highlight my case on my say so, as it is quite different to many others. I am sure that LloydsTSB will no doubt relish my bringing it to the attention of the nation.

Do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to avoid the further outing of illegal bank charges and the way LloydsTSB treats its customers.

Yours sincerely

• 2 weeks later...

krystyna just recived a letter from yes you guessed it, mr orton ,you were right he just gets him to do the dirty work he says he will look into my points and get back to me in 10 days so watch this space i will write another letter to chief exe asking him to deal with my points not a manager or as you put it a lackey.

Hi MrPosh1

He sends the same letter to everyone I fear. I sent a further letter plus emailed it as well to him and to Mr Daniels neither of them replied to the second letter or the emails.

Lloyds TSB, my branch in Bury didn't acknowledge any of my letters let alone communicate what they would do to sort it out. They are so ignorant and arrogant. All my letters to the branch were delivered by hand. I guess they were filed in the

B file (bin). I wonder if that’s what has happened to the court papers to when they were delivered. Ostrich syndrome LOL that won’t help them when we get to court

I haven't heard anything from the Court either but as they say no news is good news. I will keep everyone up to date as I get the information. We are all here to help one another in everyway possible.

Krystyna

krystyna i will give mr orton 10 days to reply to my questions then i will write another letter to him ifb i don't recive a proper reply he will be bloody sick of me by the time i am finnished they have made my life misery now it's pay back time we will not roll over and go away!

krystyna i will give mr orton 10 days to reply to my questions then i will write another letter to him ifb i don't recive a proper reply he will be bloody sick of me by the time i am finnished they have made my life misery now it's pay back time we will not roll over and go away!

I know he is sick me from his terse replies. Do I give a monkeys do I buggery.

More power to us all

Krystyna

Hi Everyone

I received an notification of acknowledgement of service has been filed by LloydsTSB from Manchester County Court today. Naming our favourite solicitors........... Martineau Johnson.They have until the 20th May to file a defence.

Its a waiting game now to see if and when I get to go to court or receive a letter from them.

I would have put a copy of it up on here but I have no idea how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Krystyna

Krysst,

The GAME has truly started indeed. Very stirn and firm letter from the banks but I guess that will get you fireing on all four cylinders as they the bank seem to be from that letter.

Action Time has arrived.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

:o :o :lol: :D :D

More Power to the PEOPEL!! LONG LIVE the CAG!!!

good luck to you i will be rooting for you just hold you nerve and by ready to go to court hopefuuly it will not get that far

Ohhh Mrposh

! I really hope it does go to court. I would love to see their solicitor’s faces, pity it isn't my bank managers. I have faced solicitors and barristers before all they are, are actors with no stage and a small audience.

Regards

Krystyna

• 2 weeks later...

well when if it does get that far i'd love to see there faces when they lose i live in peterborough but it would be worth the journey solicitors lawyers they are all professional liers

Hey you two, don't be too harsh. My BF is a lawyer, has offered free support to this campaign and may represent me if I stand up in court. They aren't all actors, liers and cheats you know.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hey you two, don't be too harsh. My BF is a lawyer, has offered free support to this campaign and may represent me if I stand up in court. They aren't all actors, liers and cheats you know.

Closey

Ok, maybe your lawyer the exception to the rule. I wasn't being hard on them it was an opinion based on my dealing with them.We all appreciate the help for this campaign. I never said that they were liars, cheats, I said that they were actors, they perform even they admit that themselves. If I offended you then I apologise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks