You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you @honeybee13. I will try to write one. I read here that even without the out of court settlement some people  have not received the  criminal record but only a fine. I don't know what to think anymore. 
    • Thanks I appreciate your time How does this sound?   On FRIDAY 29TH May I used your service to send a parcel under the above reference number. The parcel did not arrive at the destination and after several exchanges with your customer service staff, I was told that the item was lost. I was also told that I would not be entitled to full compensation for my items despite having provided you with receipts for these items as I had only opted for the standard £20 compensation. I did not opt for this compensation – as you will know, there is no option to decline this basic cover when scheduling a parcel. Furthermore, it is grossly unfair for a consumer to have to insure against your negligence and contrary to the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. I'm quite sure that you are fully aware that any term you might have in your contract which relies on customers having insurance against your negligent handling of their items causing them to be lost is an unfair term and is unenforceable. I notice that you systematically rely on such terms to deprive your customers of the correct compensation and effectively to protect you from the consequences of your negligent handling of your customers’ sent items. If you force this to a court hearing – you can be certain that I shall be producing evidence from many different sources to show that you systematically lose parcels and decline liability on spurious grounds which are unfair and unenforceable. The contents of my parcel were worth £160. There was also the cost of the postage which was £9.92. The full amount I am claiming is therefore £169.92. You may email me at ____________ in order to arrange this payment. If I do not have reimbursement in full within 14 days then I shall issue a claim in the County Court to recover this money from you plus interest and without any further notice. Yours faithfully _____
    • Hi.   SJP = Single Justice Procedure. Here's some reading for you https://www.gov.uk/single-justice-procedure-notices   If you want to ask for an out of court settlement, you need to deal with TfL. You could write to them if you have a contact name, there are examples of letters in threads here.   HB
    • Hi,  I have sent email requesting information as to why my original email was not actioned. I did have the case number in the subject line on my email.  I only got a letter from registry trust, nothing else from courts or Shoosmiths thanks 
    • @dx100uk  I have received only the charge for this journey.  Sorry for my ignorance but what is a SJP?  the charge has been made at 21 june  2020 but I received this only yesterday. Now they ask me to make my plea and I have 21 days to do so, but I want to try an out of court settlement. There is not any court date on the papers they sent me now though. 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Prudence

Help with Claim to SPML

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2793 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, we would like to move and go with another lender (if it's possible for us).

I had heard from a couple of brokers that SPML has allowed people to redeem their mortgages at a discount. We wrote to Ascenden and asked about this but had a negative reply. Is there a way we can speak to SPML direct, do they still have an office anywhere? It is unfair to offer a discount to some and not others surely?

I think you will be very lucky. We to asked Ascenden if it was possible for us to do the same but they just laughed and said no. Incidentally we were with Preferred before they went bust.

Hi

I want to start the ball rolling to claim back PPI from SPML (we still have our mortage with them). Shall I SAR Ascenden?

And has anyone had success with reclaims to these people?

SAR always to the original creditor.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig and thanks! Sending it off tomorrow!

May I ask if you have received any reply from SPML yet? What address did you send it to?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

The DSAR time scale is 40 days from the

date the company receive the request.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig

Shelley - sent the request to:

Data Controller

Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd

St Johns Place

Easton Street

High Wycombe

HP11 1NL

About another ten days to go for the 40 days to be up.

Hi All

I have the SAR from Ascenden and the PPI was paid as single premium over £4000 when we took out the mortgage about 8 years ago.

I have filled out a PPI calculation sheet before but that was for monthly payments. How do I go about claiming for a single premium? Do I just send them a simple letter? (we still have our mortgage with them)

Many thanks

Pru

Thread retitled.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi All

I have the SAR from Ascenden and the PPI was paid as single premium over £4000 when we took out the mortgage about 8 years ago.

I have filled out a PPI calculation sheet before but that was for monthly payments. How do I go about claiming for a single premium? Do I just send them a simple letter? (we still have our mortgage with them)

Many thanks

Pru

Hi Pru

Have a read of No.1 in my signature...all the information and spreadsheets you will need are there

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Many thanks IMS to my rescue again!

(And Ta to Cerberus for retitling)

Hi IMS, thanks for the links, it was very helpful.. I worked out the interest which came out as 4.48%. I could only see the spreadsheet for the 8% statutory interest on there so I used the spreadsheet CIS v101.xls and put in every payment since the start of the mortgage. Is this correct?

Also, should the Start Date be the Completion Date or the date of the first payment?

I understand I should send this spreadsheet off with a completed questionnaire.

Many thanks, Pru

Make sure you have calculated the PPI percentage correctly.

PPI Loan / Total Loan x 100 (where total loan is cash loan + PPI loan)

Apply that percentage to your monthly repayment to find out the amount of PPI to enter into the spreadsheet for each repayment made.

This is the spreadsheet you should be using for a regulatory award

StatIntSheet v101.xls

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Oh what a shame, did you have to spoil the fun IMS, I had a very nice total!

I'll try again! For the start date - is it completion date, or date of first payment?

Doesn't really matter....either will do ....the spreadsheet is not date dependent as far as the "from" date goes.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thanks IMS, have completed the spreadsheet but there's one thing I don't understand unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious (which is quite likely!). I have entered all the repayments made so far and applied the percentage I worked out to calculate the portion for PPI. But that doesn't give us back the full PPI premium - what about the PPI element in future payments?

The loan should be restructured to remove future PPI payments from the monthly amount.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thank you very much, Pru. I believe we originally took this mortgage through a Broker (who has since gone out of business). Will SPML/Ascenden deal with the claim?

Always start with the lender and see what they say.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

We have heard from SPML - to say they have forwarded our complaint on to MD Nationwide. Is that normal? And does anyone have any experience in dealing with MD Nationwide? How long shall I give them to reply? Many thanks, Pru

Looks like they have forwarded it to the broker.

As they appear to have gone out of business, do you know who the underwriter is/was?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Actually it seems we had a broker to a broker!! As our broker (who has gone out of business) put us onto SPML through MD Nationwide. Hopefully they are still going. How long shall I give them?

See what happens after, say, 10 days

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions