First Direct PPI and Self-employed Status

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have followed the advice provided on CAG and found it really useful.

I contacted First Direct about mis-selling of PPI and got a very detailed reply from them rejecting my claim which included a transcript of the phone conversation I had when arranging the loan on which PPI was levied.

Having read the CAG advice on PPI it clearly states that PPI is mis-sold if sold to someone who is self-employed.

I was self employed when I took out the loan, does this "trump" First Directs assertion that I was provided with all the information required at the time that I took out the loan?

Yes I would like to know if there is any self-employed person on here who has successfully reclaimed PPI. I am beginning to think I may be wasting my time claiming. Barclaycard made no mention of my self-employed status when I tried to claim off them but just rejected me for positively ticking the box for PPI on my postal application. Practically every self-employed person i know would welcome any insurance to cover them in case something happened, illness or otherwise, so that their payments would be met. It seems the bulk of cases mentioned here, and which have been successful, are those where the claimant is a public servant .

Hi

Firstly, I would ask them for an actual recording of the call rather than a transcript, just in case they havemissed something if you know what I mean

As regards being self employed, I think (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) it will depend on the terms and conditions of the "policy" so obtain a copy of them both the ones in force at the time you applied for the loan and any amended version

It could be that you had your own cover such as a keyman insurance in which case the possibility of claiming from them would be unlikely especially if your policy was the same as of better than theirs.

Regards

Gbarbm

I

Gbarbm

Yes I would like to know if there is any self-employed person on here who has successfully reclaimed PPI..

Ok....me

You will find that the T&Cs make it nigh on impossible for the self employed to claim.

There are many successes on here for self employed folks who have successfully reclaimed.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I have followed the advice provided on CAG and found it really useful.

I contacted First Direct about mis-selling of PPI and got a very detailed reply from them rejecting my claim which included a transcript of the phone conversation I had when arranging the loan on which PPI was levied.

Having read the CAG advice on PPI it clearly states that PPI is mis-sold if sold to someone who is self-employed.

I was self employed when I took out the loan, does this "trump" First Directs assertion that I was provided with all the information required at the time that I took out the loan?

Did you do a fos questionnaire to go with your claim?

Did you cite other reasons for the mis-sale or just the self-employed part?

I agree that you want to the actual recording of the call.....a transcript may not be accurate.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi, Me too, self employed and have had 2 claims upheld with first direct in the last month. also had claims upheld with citi and capital one, as ims says, I filled in the FOS questionaire stating several reasons sent a covering letter and spreadsheet and within about a month got the first result, second took longer but was for much more.

The only company I have had problems with so far is Lloyds TSB and in that case I just phoned their ppi line, so won't make that mistake again.