Debenhams Help!! They want me to pay again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've recieved a fault table from DEbenhams and if i want a replacement i have to pay again and wait for a refund at a later date.

I've writte the email below to them and copies it to trading standard...

Can anyone suggest any more outlets to lodge my complaint?

"I took delivery of Light solid oak 'Newport' dining table which i ordered on 31/03/12 and received on 14/04/12.

It has an obvious manufacturing fault where the table top is screwed to the frame resulting in a large crack.

Firstly I am disappointed that this passed quality control (and the obvious fact that this box has been opened and resealed several times) and my second and most argued point is the customer service I have been offered is a disgrace.

Sunday morning I spoke with Amber and supervisor Emma regarding the point that if I wish to order a replacement table I must pay another £212 to order a new table and then await a refund.

I had spoken with the complaint team (Karl & call centre manager Gina) who have confirmed that Debenhams final response on this issue is that if want a replacement I need to pay the further £212 and awaiting a refund when the new table is delivered/old one collected in two weeks.

I am unhappy as this is a large amount to pay again.

This naturally has made me very angry, as if it had been a cheap pair of shoes i had ordered it wouldn't be a problem, but because 2 weeks ago I gave you £400, I obviously shouldn't have to pay again!

To resolve this I want a new table ordering so that I am not just stuck with 4 dinning chairs as soon as possible, and I will not pay an additional £212 and await a refund as if this current service is anything to go by i'll be arguing a long time to get my money back.

Gina of the call centre suggested that i contact Trading standards as she was un aware if Debenhams were subject to any ombudsman, therefore as a result I have copied this email to my local trading standard office."

Please help!!

If the table is faulty yoiu are entitled to reject it but i believe that uner SOGA there is no remedy for replacement just refund, although most people are happy with a replacement, this could be where Debenhams are coming from I think they asre technically correct but not morally or in fact using common sense.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

if its brand new it should be replaced immediately under SOGA.

end of!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just wondered, now that consumer direct is gone and the trading standardswont deal with this sort of thing (response from them is that from 2nd April it’snot there problem) how is the citizens advice bureau coping?