RWay/Horwich Farrelly solicitors chasing wifes old Shop Direct debt

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have been advised by the local TS to write a complaint to them and warn them under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. We have also informed RW in the letter that we will be making complaints, once again, to TS and the OFT.

42man. How do you press for harassment if they continue to do so when you have warned them?

Yeah, sorry dx100uk. I have been really stressed lately, what with ill health and other issues, and I couldn't help myself. They are not going to get a penny.

I made the same mistake, it just made me even more angry after speaking to the phone monkey :evil:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have now sent another formal complaint to RW.

Within we have warned them for harassment and stated that we will be, once again, writing to the OFT and TS.

We have also sent a SAR to Shop Direct Group.

First, to confirm that neither my wife is not the account holder in either her maiden or married name.

Second, to request any information that they have on her with regard to said account.

Hopefully we will get something in writing.

I think that the next step will have to be a complaint to Shop Direct Group if it all pans out.

After all they, according to RW, hold the CCA and statements etcetera.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Have sent another complaint to the OFT. Going to make one to the CSA and another to TS.

Received reply to complaint and Robberscum have provided a 'reconstituted copy' of the alleged agreement.

The trouble is that it contains terms & conditions from post 2004 when the alleged account is pre-2004.

Also, we find it hard to believe as my wife has 100% never signed a consumer credit agreement.

She never opened the account, ordered any goods, paid any monthly statements, had any goods delivered to our address etcetera.

Does this mean that it is still in default/?

Even with all the recorded conversations with RW they still believe that the alleged account is enforceable :frusty:

We contacted Data Protection at Shop Direct today, they have our SAR,

and they don't even have a record of any account in my wife's maiden or married name at our old or previous addresses.

They don't even have any record of RW contacting them for the CCA request like the muppet I spoke to last week stated,

RW don't have the agreements in their possession he stated.

So did they just make one up on the computer!!!

The lying a*******s!!!

Thank you very much 42man.

Very interesting reading. We were advised by TS to warn them under the Protection from Harassment Act, so taking action is a possibility. Will definitely investigate this avenue as we have had enough of these cretins :mad2:

• 3 months later...

Excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would still be tempted to go down the route of harassment, but I can understand if you didn't it does get weary and grinds you down.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)