• Tweets

• Hi   My son lives with me and he is on the electoral roll. My ex moved out 2 years ago and I doubt if she is still on the roll.  The account is in my name only and the other email addresses have never been supplied to Octopus. The account is in my name only and I cannot see how they got the other email addresses.  I would prefer to keep any correspondence with Octopus in writing so that there is a clear record of any discussion, but if I reply to the mail, do I just pose these questions and ask where they got the info (have they hacked me) and why have they copied in other people who are not on the account or is there a set form I need to use?
    • Hi welcome to CAG, just a couple of questions so the Team can get a bit more background and explore options with you.   Are those other people  copied on the Register of Electors at and are living at your address?   Is the bill solely in your name only?   Bit naughty if they have involved third parties, and that would be breach of GDPR, same as if a bailiff knocked and gave full details of a third party debt to you.   Might be worth contacting the ICO and asking them, I would ask Octopus what they are doing, if by phone record the call.  You could tell them that you consider it a GDPR breach and you will be reporting them. to ICO.
    • Ok, just cancel the DD mandate via your bank.   The gym or their admin Co will complain and tell you you owe increasing amounts of money but come here first before making any response.   There are no consequences you should worry about. Empty threats !!   Read other threads here about Harlands and their methods pre-lockdown.  
    • Who would I address the letter to?   The website says "Canalside Motors' as does the invoice. I have just checked and there is a Limited Company operating from the premises called 'Perry Barr Motors'. I do not have the individuals name.   I've seen this on those bailiff shows where they will try and wiggle their way out of paying by using different operating names.   Thanks. 
    • Good morning, I hope someone can give me a little bit of advice on an issue please? I have received an email from Octopus Energy advising that I have a debt and that it has been referred to Churchill Recovery Solutions.  Fair enough, I am in arrears.  However, there are issues about the email that concern me. They have copied my ex-wife into the email and also sent a copy to my son. My son's email address does not appear on the other recipients so I can only assume that he has been copied in under Bcc. So the concern here is, where did they get these email addresses from? I never supplied them so have I been hacked? Secondly, have they breached GDPR laws by copying other people not named on the account into sensitive and confidential information? The claimed balance outstanding was clearly displayed on the email.   I am a little unsure of what steps to take here and would appreciate any advice/opinions please.   Many thanks in advance.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
        • Thanks
      • 16 replies
mechs' wife

Friend's husband's account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5062 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya guys,

I am not familiar with Lloyds TSB and therefore I am stuck. I'm helping out a friend's husband who does not have a computer.

I know my friend's husband can not claim for 'overdraft usage fee' or 'overdraft interest' but what about the 'account charge' as he has been charged for quite a few of these.

I would appreciate some advice on this one please?

Appreciation, mechs' wife

Go on ... you know you want to click me

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:) There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :)

Advice & opinions of mechs' wife are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Au contrairé, madame! :D

(Hi, btw - say hello to the hubby for me!)

You can claim for the Overdraft Usage Fee - it's just another term for 'Overdraft Excess Fee', and is a penalty for going into/over an overdraft.

You can't claim the 'account charge', however, as it's a valid service charge for Lloyds to run your account.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Au contrairé, madame! :D:lol: ahh bless!

(Hi, btw - say hello to the hubby for me!) Noooooo he's doing some work in the kitchen and I don't want to stop the flow!!! ... but later I will ;)

You can claim for the Overdraft Usage Fee - it's just another term for 'Overdraft Excess Fee', and is a penalty for going into/over an overdraft. Ooooo nice! :D:

You can't claim the 'account charge', however, as it's a valid service charge for Lloyds to run your account.

Thank you reload! Now I can get on and sort his statement out! Appreciation indeed m'dear!

Linda :)

Go on ... you know you want to click me

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:) There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :)

Advice & opinions of mechs' wife are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.