• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mercantile CMC 18th October 10:00 a.m

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

i had a stay put on my case on 24th july. i filled out the n244 on 9th august to request the stay be removed and i have just today received the following:

General Form of Judgement or Order

Before DISTRICT JUDGE GREGORY sitting at Bow County Court, 96 Romford Road, Stratford, London, E15 4EG.

Upon reading the Claimants application dated 9.8.06

IT IT ORDERED THAT

1. The order dated 24.7.06 be rescinded.

2. The case be transferred to the Mercantile Court

Dated 21 September 2006

i have not yet recevied anything from the mercantile court. should i contact dan pope at the court and ask permission to sit in on the 18th oct?

cheers

peka

peka

Yes, call Dan Pope. If your case was in stratford, we must live pretty close by , im in e3, mine was also transferred from there. If you giver dan a ring, he might tell you your case is already in with ours. Let us know what goes on

Lynz

thanks Lynz, File Wizzard.

i just phoned dan pope but he was out of the office today. i spoke with someone called alex who said he had just received my papers and was in the middle of drafting a letter to me, which i should receive on monday.

he also said that the judge would be looking at my application to stop my claim being transferred. this confused me somewhat as i hadn't made any such application. unfortunately i got a little bit tongue-tied and didn't press him on this. will wait and see what the letter says i guess.

by the way, not too far from you Lynz, i'm in hackney.

cheers

peka

hello all

just received my letter from royal courts of justice group confirming that my case has been transferred to the london mercantile court.

they've got me down for a case management conference (with 13 others) on the 18th oct but it's at 10.30am and not 10am.

also, regarding costs, the last paragraph of my letter says:

Although some of these claims have been allocated to the Multi Track, is is the provisional view of the Judge that the costs rules for the Small Claims Track should apply to all of them.

i guess this means we will not be able to claim back costs at £9.25 per hour?

cheers

peka

Hi

We have been trasferred to Mercantile from Bow by Judge Vokes. We haven't received anything else. We are going to do as BankFodder suggested and write those the OFT, the FSA and out MP. Should we be doing something else? This is against Barclays. Thanks.

File Wizzard

Ive just checked my account and looks as if Ive been paid off :D

1639 from H off finance

Cant be from anywhere else really, but is H off ( heck off LOL) finance recognised?

What happens about the case then? Do I still turn up or what?

File Wizzard

Ive just checked my account and looks as if Ive been paid off :D

1639 from H off finance

Cant be from anywhere else really, but is H off ( heck off LOL) finance recognised?

What happens about the case then? Do I still turn up or what?

If the claim has been settled in full then you should notify the court and they will withdraw your folio from next weeks CMC.

You could refuse to settle and still attend, but I would not recommend this.

So in short well done!!

file wizzard

I have phoned the bank and they cant tell me where the payment has come from. Ill call again in the morning to see if I can get any further info from them - surely they should know if they hve paid me or not :rolleyes:

UNtil then consider me in, when I get any further idea, and if they vcan confirm that they have paid me, then Ill let dan pope know.

I take it at that, Im oout of the CMC am I?

Will be watching with interest 2moro.Good luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Sorry to have to report that as of this evening Barclays have put me in a position where it would be deemed unreasonable for me not to settle before tomorrows CMC.

Obviously I cannot divulge full details, but needless to say that unfortunately I will not be attending tomorrow, and I have been suitably compensated for my inconvenience.

As a follow up both I, and I believe Bankfodder would still be very interested to hear from anyone who’s case is referred to the Mercantile Court, and who in the wider picture has little or no assets and would not be adversely effected if the outside chance of a costs order after a request for declaration became a reality.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) depends on which way you look at it! my present financial circumstance make it unacceptably risky for me to pursue this case in the way I would of wanted too.

A Rather bitter sweet victory by all accounts….

I suggest very strongly that if your case is listed for the conference that you attent.

Also please please try to get the case number and name etc details of anyone else.

There must be at least 10 people who don't seem to be involved in this group whose cases have been transferred.

I would like to be able to contact all of them - so if you culd get neames and addresses or phone numbers or email, it would be very useful for everyone.

Full report from anyone who goes, please.

thanks

Sorry to have to report that as of this evening Barclays have put me in a position where it would be deemed unreasonable for me not to settle before tomorrows CMC................

A Rather bitter sweet victory by all accounts….

Oh what a b****dy shame Chris - I thought you might a least get your day in Court:D - do I gather you've been offered confidentiality. :o . Glad that I didn't:D .

Goodluck Bankfodder on your quest, I sincerely hope someone slips throught the net - I'm desperately trying to persuade by lil ol' brother who has been stung rather badly by Barclays that I can get his money back. But little brothers don't tend to listen to big sisters now - do they?

Oh what a b****dy shame Chris - I thought you might a least get your day in Court:D - do I gather you've been offered confidentiality. :o . Glad that I didn't:D .

Goodluck Bankfodder on your quest, I sincerely hope someone slips throught the net - I'm desperately trying to persuade by lil ol' brother who has been stung rather badly by Barclays that I can get his money back. But little brothers don't tend to listen to big sisters now - do they?

Hi Sara, hope your well, original claim was offered with confidentiality, but it was declined, secondary offer was made and because of terms yes unfortunately that part was confidential.

All I would say though is I spoke to KJ's boss, and Barclays seem to be fairly confident that they have suitably swept all their cases under the rug in time for tomorrow, (they were having a bit of a panic with me at 15:55, 5 mins before the court closed this afternoon!), I believe there are still some NatWest ones going ahead tomorrow though as others have been added to the list since last week

Watching this space

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Oh come on ...........

Bet they all down pub celebrating or something

Allyxia

fraid i didn't make it either as i settled with barclays yesterday.

got back the full amount on my original claim and additional charges (which i had missed out or had been incurred after the claim was filed) all with statutory interest, plus all my court fees and postage/copying costs paid. i also made them take out the confidentiality clause.

will post a more detailed account with all my letters etc when i have a bit more time - (only have access to a pc at work).

Glad you replied though.

Did anybody go to court today!!!

Im wondering if everybody was settled yesturday?

Allyxia

Lively lad the suspense is killing you isnt it...........

Ha me too......

Its a shame that they were all offered sweeteners not to talk Im dying to find out what!!!

Do the banks think we are stupid insomuch , "yeh we may not talk but the very fact we've now gone quiet means you've paid up, our silence is telling!!!"

I hope the pay off have been worth it for people. I would have to have a pretty big pay off to keep my gob shut I can tell you hee hee!!!

Ok guys I guess here we go again...back with the stays...back to the delaying tactics....

Allyxia