Amazon - missing items - help!

TylerToxic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this is the right place, I will try keep this brief.

Ordered a phone from Amazon, payment taken, order sent. HDNL delivered order next day, driver handed package over and quickly walked off without obtaining a signature. Package was squashed, had clearly been tampered with - no phone in box. Amazon kindly sent out a replacement, but ignored my request to send it via a different delivery company. HDNL delivered the replacement the next morning which again was empty. (although this time the box had no clear signs of damage to it)

I contacted Amazon again who told me they would issue a refund, then changed their mind and insisted an 'investigation' was needed due to the amount involved. I was assured after this I would receive a refund. I then had HDNL arrive at 8am the next morning (delivering pampers baby wipes, surprising they didn't go missing!) and the driver was rather aggressive, insisting he delivered the packages from Amazon and had done nothing wrong. Being heavily pregnant and home alone this frightened me somewhat but I closed the door and went about informing Amazon.

I then receive an email from Amazon stating that HDNL had emailed them saying they delivered the package and it was signed for and that Amazon have investigated and both box weights when leaving Amazon were correct and I signed and therefore accepted the packages (only signed for one!) so they feel they have fulfilled their obligations and if I think HDNL have stolen my items then it is up to me to contact the police and deal with it myself and nothing to do with them.

Should I contact the police, or will I be told it is a civil matter? What should my next steps in this situation be, I cannot afford to lose this amount of money and as it stands I have neither the money or the goods.

Is this right?