Vodafone didn't update my address & registered a default!!!!**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once the trust it gone, the trust is gone

In this case Vodaphone has the OP over a barrel.

The OP is starting a new career in banking & wants to get rid of Vodaphone because they have defaulted once & the OP just doesn't trust them not to do it again.

Obviously the OP will just pay up.

In the circumstances I think that Vodaphone should cancel for a nominal amount rather than be seen as a money-grabbing uncaring company that shouldn't be trusted.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply, apologies but that still does not explain why the contract is more to cancel further into my contract than in February.

We do not seem to be getting anywhere in regards to the reimbursement and compensation part of my complaint despite this complaint being raised on 15th February 2012.

I will contact the Ombudsman today and make them aware to continue their investigations as you previously advised me to request that they wait until Vodafone have finished their investigations which I have done. Unfortunately, I am still chasing this complaint up every 2-3 days and have not yet received from you a date when you will have resolved my complaint.

As you are aware I am flying in 11 days, arriving in Australia on 21st May 2012. I am worried that due to this complaint my bank account will be overdrawn as I had budgetted to the last penny, regrettably not taking into account 1. how much this complaint will cost me 2. that Vodafone would increase their early termination charge from £492.00 quoted in February 2012 to £560.00 quote in May 2012.

"When something goes wrong with a company, it's not the issue that ruins customer confidence it's how quickly and efficiently that company fixes the problem".

Hi Sam,

I appreciate that you want to get this matter concluded as soon as possible.

As such, I will be getting back to you very soon to discuss things further.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I am very relieved for you. Hopefully you can fly away without any worries.

I will mark this thread as resolved and place a link in the successes thread

Any chance of an update to what VF have done?

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Vodafone reimbursed my costs think it was totalling £180 and reduced the line rental for 3 months. But I just requested this be knocked off the earlier termination charge and paid the termination fee. I fly in one week and after 3 months the Default is finally removed, I have been reimbursed and I saved money on the settlement figure which I have had in my savings account with the full intention of leaving them this month anyway due to flying to Australia, I am just pleased that my bank account is not in the red and I am leaving without this hanging over me anymore.

That is good. Vodafone got their fingers burnt a few months back (do a search for philharg) and that may be why things went well (eventually) for you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have done the search, thank you for bringing this to my attention. During a rant about Vodafone down the pub I found out a friend has been defaulted with Vodafone very similar situation to this. I will make them aware of this post.

Turns out 3 of my friends have defaults which they believe are in error from Vodafone. All directed to these message boards. This message board has been a god send!

Personally, I am a PAYG customer from now on, phone contracts are more hassle that they are worth!!!

Hi Sam,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that this has been resolved for you.

I have done the search, thank you for bringing this to my attention. During a rant about Vodafone down the pub I found out a friend has been defaulted with Vodafone very similar situation to this. I will make them aware of this post.

Turns out 3 of my friends have defaults which they believe are in error from Vodafone. All directed to these message boards. This message board has been a god send!

Personally, I am a PAYG customer from now on, phone contracts are more hassle that they are worth!!!

To ensure that the concerns of your friends are investigated could you ask them to email me with their details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

As you'll know, once they've sent them they'll receive automated replies with reference numbers. To ensure that I receive them they're welcome to start their own threads and post their respective reference numbers and I'll get back to them as soon as possible.

Best wishes and all the best for your future in Australia.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I will see them next Friday. I will let them know :-)

All the best

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that this has been resolved for you.

To ensure that the concerns of your friends are investigated could you ask them to email me with their details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

As you'll know, once they've sent them they'll receive automated replies with reference numbers. To ensure that I receive them they're welcome to start their own threads and post their respective reference numbers and I'll get back to them as soon as possible.

Best wishes and all the best for your future in Australia.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

My Phone still appears to be locked to Vodafone UK despite paying the early termination fee. I was looking to get Vodafone Aus pay as you go sim but it wont work as the phone remains locked.

Please could you arrange for the phone to be unlocked.

Many Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

I hope that your move has gone well so far.

You can request an unlocking code for your phone online via our website here.

In the event that you've requested this already could you let me know the reference number of your request to enable me to get it followed up?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 1 month later...

Lee,

I have received online notification via email that Vodafone have sent me a bill....

How can this be when this has already be finalised???

I am getting rather annoyed that this situation continues even though I have been in Australia for 6 weeks and my contact was cancelled on 22/5/2012. How in July do I have another bill.

I paid what I owed for May!!

I have emailed regarding this but have got the "for security please confirm the last 2 numbers dialled..." email!!

Hi Sam,

I hope that your move has gone well so far.

You can request an unlocking code for your phone online via our website here.

In the event that you've requested this already could you let me know the reference number of your request to enable me to get it followed up?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...