Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • That still leaves the parties the Met isn't investigating though and the drinking culture in no10 though, doesn't it?   If they're not careful though, there will be accusations of no10 kicking the can down the road and possibly trying to influence the investigations.
    • Hi there. an update for you   1) independent surveyor report was sent to builder on 13 Dec.   2) builder only responded yesterday. They dispute the majority of the issues identified. Claiming for example: that we have influenced the expert witness surveyor, that we have caused some of the issues by undoing work, that that the surveyor is wrong,    3) through trading standards we gave them the month of nov to finish plus put things (known) right, at no point did they say a month was unreasonable, they were onsite for less than 10 days of nov,  early nov building control initially visited and highlighted issues, they claim building control have now signed off their work at the end of nov   4) building control visited last week at my request, there are still issues with their work, it has not been signed off and never was at the end of nov    4) builder now says there they didn’t have time to put known things right in nov (they are always contradicting themselves) and that they should be allowed to return to site  to fix these ‘minor snags’, the majority are not minor snags, they are building regulation contraventions    5) we have quotes from 3rd parties to do the work. We do not want the original builders back because:    a)quality of their workmanship has been called into question by ourselves, building control and a 3rd party surveyor    b) lack of trust in what they tell us - for example they’ve deviated from the plan, used different materials, refused to fix items saying nothing wrong and it’s how they always do it, refused to give deadlines, knowingly cut corners, have said work is signed off when it isn’t etc    c) their behaviour:  smoking weed on site, urinating next to my garden office, swearing, smoking, leaving the house with doors wide open and unlocked, leaving site unsafe with scaffold boards & materials lying across/over paths at end of day/week, all these things were raised with them verbally & in emails    d) they repeatedly said they hate working for us, they can’t wait to leave, none of them enjoy coming here etc   so, my question is.. do we have to allow them to return or can we say that we want a refund or for them to cover 3rd party costs?    im feeling that they have had enough opportunities to do the right thing and put things right, I’m also feeling that we aren’t being unreasonable by not wanting them back..   they say they can’t understand why we are rushing to get 3rd parties to finish the job and that the job is ‘live ‘ with them.   my feeling is that this job should have been finished in July (at no point have they provided a revised completion date despite us asking numerous times), they were given nov to finish & go, we’ve not heard from them over past 2 months so how could it still be live, and that we’ve spent 2 cold months living in a half finished house which doesn’t have heating completed, is damp & draughty, Ofcourse we want to get it finished asap! Any input would be appreciated, thank you.
    • Well, quite a change in stance from the Met after Johnson delays it   From 'We are fine with the report being released in its entirety, to effectively 'don't mention the bad stuff - which is as we first expected from Johnson and Dick before the surprising 'yeah release it'     Met Police asked Sue Gray to remove key details from report WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Force is running parallel criminal probe into potential lawbreaking at Downing Street     Wonder what self destroying message personal phones that was arranged on?
    • I were recently in an accident with another vehicle earlier this month and swapped details of both myself and the owner of the garage etc no police were contacted and both able to return as normal.   After contacting the garage they then inform me later on, in the day they required my own insurance to cover the cost only to be a named driver on the one being repaired and informed them of this.   I then requested they come collect the vehicle in which they did days later.   Didn't hear much more until recently with the owner of the garage contacting in abit of a panic for insurance details again and explained once more being a named driver on the policy, His insurance has received a '3rd party allegation' in which the garage owner has passed my details on for being the driver.   I and others have used this person for years and when we first used him I would ask him verbally how come we can swap vehicles and he informed me he had business insurance to cover anyone whilst their vehicle gets repaired and this is clearly a lie.   I did get some legal advice and one of them were to wait for a Notice of Intended Prosecution but i am concerned the owner might not be telling the truth to their own insurance or not telling them what happened??   Should I hand myself in the police and tell them the garage isn't being honest?   Any help or experience/expertises would be greatly appreciated.        
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

NRAM repossession.advice needed.


billywitch
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi after some advice please. We are planning to let our house be repossessed by NRAM after falling behind with payments to save for a rental property. NRAM agreed to let us pay a reduced monthly payment for three months which we did, we have now completely missed last months and have had a few phonecalls asking us to get in touch etc. but we haven't. Two weeks ago we recieved a letter from a solicitor/recoveries company acting on behalf of NRAM saying that we had fifteen days to respond and clear all the arrears or they expect to be instructed to issue possession proceedings against us. We thought we would have to miss three full payments before it was sent to a solicitor or is this what normally happens? If so, can anyone advise what the next stage is likely to be and how long its likely to be before we get repossessed?

Many Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

In that case, they will probably just look at it as 3 months total arrears etc and due to no contact etc may and probably will proceed with the possession claim procedure.

 

Useful CAB guide on what the procedure is below that should give the answers to the other questions you are asking..

 

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/mortgagearrears.asp

 

Just looking at what you have put so far I was just wondering if you have you considered all your options and possible implications of what you are doing?

 

Have you looked into the Mortgage Rescue Scheme for example? (useful link below)

 

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/BuyingAndSellingYourHome/Mortgagesandrepossessions/DG_174005

 

Appreciate you may not want to put up further information but come back to us if you can as I am quite sure there are people on here who can guide and help you further

 

Best wishes

Edited by Wintry
Link to post
Share on other sites

For op - just to add to your post

 

I am at the end of an NRAM repossession and we are awaiting the eviction date from the count court bailiff (we have a council property available soon) we stopped payments in Sept 11 to enforce a repossession as they discontinued support and would not authorise an IVA.

As for timescale after the 3 months it usually takes 5 weeks or so for a court date for repossession (if you dont attend auto repossession) after this NRAm apply for a warrant for repossession then a county court bailiff will set a date for repossession usually 14 days after the letter informing of the court issue of warrant letter.

 

hope this helps you

 

I just need advice on postponing eviction until our other property is ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...