Roxburghe/HFO old barclaycard debt

noro__
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still also need to find out when the last payment was made to the account. Although it was defaulted in 2007, the last payment may have been well before this. You need to find out if there was a clear six year gap before you made another payment.

You still also need to find out when the last payment was made to the account. Although it was defaulted in 2007, the last payment may have been well before this. You need to find out if there was a clear six year gap before you made another payment.

It's earlier in the thread DB, Noro you need to get that info in writing RE default date and last payment

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

yeah the last payment was above ^ do I resend off the CCA letter? I didn't send the account in default letter as coledog suggested, should I send that now or start with a CCA to Turnbull Rotherford?

It's earlier in the thread DB, Noro you need to get that info in writing RE default date and last payment

How do I get it in writing? Would Barclaycard supply this? They werent so forthcoming when I came into the branch.

I can't remember unfortunately if I did send the letter recorded back in June.

I definitely enclosed the postal order, I have just reprinted it off. One copy for HFO and one copy for Turnbull Rutherford (a front for HFO?)

Also the link above to the "account in dispute" letter isn't working, could you possibly relink? Thanks in advance.

Hi Noro,

Have I missed something - if the last payment to the a/c was made in 2006, isn't the a/c now Statute Barred. :???:

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I've received 3 or 4. Unfortunately I binned 2. One of them was saying they had the debt now not HFO. The latest one is saying about.ignoring previous letters and that they will do all they possible they can to recover the debt. It also talks about OFT regulations and has a couple of quotes. They are addressed from a Mr Lee Cookman. I can probably get a photo of a couple and upload them if requested.

I made payments to hfo from - I think - May/June 2012 to December 2012. After that is when roxburghe got involved. I don't think the payments show on my cra file as its still showing the same balance, so I too suspect the payments just went to line HFOs pockets.

I will ring Barclaycard on my lunch today at work. See what info they can give me.

If you made these payment them it won't be stat barred.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Yes - you need to check when any payments have been made. Do not worry, help is at hand. If you can scan and copy any correspondence with personal details removed that would be really useful - I assume that OFT are still investigating these bandits and legs to stand on comes into play here!

Edited by coledog

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

If payment was made in March 2006 and nothing further was paid until May 2012, then the debt would have been Statute Barred.

Once that happened, the SB clock is surely not reset. Once the debt became SB'd, any subsequent payment cannot make the debt current again and it remains permanently SB'd.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

sorry for all the confusing comments guys.

Anyway I have sent off 2 CCA requests today,with the £1 postal order, recorded post to HFO and the so called "Turnbull Rotherford" - who I assume are another arm of the HFO blaggard robot. Is it 12 days I was for a reply?

2 working days for delivery and then 12 normal days for the reponse.

:wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I got a response. Finally.

Its a letter from Turnbull Rutherford, they have given me a "reconstituted agreement" as requested by me... is that what I requested?

It looks like a letter from barclaycard, dated 24th January 2013. Just a one paged letter, giving a statement of the account, and then 2 pages of T&C's.

Does this make sense to anyone?

They have also offered me a settlement of £150 to be cleared by... surprise, tomorrow. Even though I got the letter today.

No - you requested a copy of a true agreement. Recons are not that, and what you have received is not actually a 'recon'. Are you able to scan it with personal details removed?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

discount letter = ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...