Estate accounts...what am i entitled to see?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

The father of my 8 year old son died intestate three years ago ( his will was unsigned ) and the estate was administered by his daughter. She had no contact with her father but, unlike my son, she was 'accepted' by him the family as his daughter. She knew nothing of my son and had therefore assumed that she was sole beneficiary to his estate until evidence of my son's existence was found among the deceased's possessions by a solicitor. There was no contention but close family members ( who were told about my son, by myself, shortly after his birth ) refused to co-operate with DNA testing. I was told that because my son remained a 'possible child of the deceased the daughter could not benefit from any monies unless she agreed to grant a 'gift' of half of the estate to my son. She made the decision to grant this 'gift' to my son. I'd like to add that her 'biological' relationship with the deceased has never been confirmed either.

My question is this...Is the 'statement of accounts' that I was reluctantly sent ( at my request ) enought to assure me that matters were dealt with properly and that my son will receive the gift that he has been granted? Anyone could have typed out what was sent to me and there is no actual 'proof' of anything. Surely this cannot be acceptable?

My case is complicated but any response to my post would be much appreciated.

The estate accounts show a breakdown of how the estate has been administered, I assume from what you say that it shows a payment to your son. If this is the case and the payment has not been received then I suggest you ask whoever prepared the accounts to, well, account for it.