style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

reallyinthecrap

You should start you own thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers

look for the new thread logo.. then add as much detail as you can with dates and amounts please thx

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whatever you do, do not try and remove the clamp. Thats the worst thing you can do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Whatever you do, do not try and remove the clamp. Thats the worst thing you can do.

I didn't. I counted to 100 a couple of thousand times and rang the mobile number on the massive yellow stick on my car window.

they must have been just around the corner as they we here in about 15 mins.

I had to show them the email receipt from my payment before they would un clamp my car. I had to go to my new job!

even though the email says is strictly confidential and it intended solely for the use of the individual......... blah blah.

lol

I had fallen behind with my Council Tax again.

Last week I had a letter from Swift saying they have been passed the debt.

what date did you receive the letter what did it say was it hand delivered or posted

But, luckily, I now have a job and managed to borrow money from family, and on Monday morning I paid the debt, in full, on the Vale Of Glamorgan website. got the email proving it.

if you paid the debt before the first visit then you owe nothing in bailiff fees

Tonight, I have come home to find a "Notice of Seizure of Goods and Inventory" saying they are coming back at 10am in the morning to take my car, which is parked outside.

This is the first visit, which I believe is invalid, and they now want and extra £280 for popping in.

If there has been a visit before this (if swift are claiming a visit before this) and you paid the liability order in full (minus's alleged bailiff fees) there would/could be an outstanding balance against the liability order this is because bailiff fees are paid first (regardless of who you pay the council may/will pay there fees)

The outstanding balance if 1 alleged visit took place (before the levy date) would be £24.50 (1st visit fee) the bailiff can only levy against the amount outstanding at the time of the levy this means the levy fee can only be £24.50

What should I say to them when they turn up tomorrow?

thanks

hope you understood that

you need to get your facts sorted and make a formal complaint to the ceo of the council

Swift are a bit like an untreated STI, very persistent so do as Hallowitch suggests but also copy the Formal Complaint, marked clearly as such to the councils elected leader, your locval ward councillor, as you are in de Cymru, your AM, and MP Let them all know what a cheating scheming shower the councils agents Swift are.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!