Tenent - SPO still valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new here so not sure if I am in the the right forum :|. I presently rent privately and two years ago in April I was given an SPO which I had to maintain payments and pay agreed arrears. I kept to this for a few months but again fell behind and Landlord applied for Warrant for Eviction. At the eleventh hour, Landlord agreed to suspend on the proviso and payments made and arrears paid monthly. As of last November, happy to say, I have fully paid this off and debt free. My question is, now that I have re-paid the arrears, does the SPO remain in place so the threat of a Warrant if I ever fall behind remain, or is this now null and void. (There is no date set out on the SPO and I fear the latter). Any advice would be great on this. Thanks you! Sue

SPO stays in place, unless the original order stated that once all debt was repaid, LL would apply to court to remove it. It is quite unusual for judges to add this into the orders though, the vast majority do not. Once you have kept the arrears clear for 6-9 months, or thereabouts, you can apply to the courts yourself and ask for it to be lifted.