• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Anyone heard of Melton Mowbry Mortgages?

akania
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok this is where im at. I need a mortgage for 120K. Im buying my mums house from her and its valued at 220K. I was declared bankrupt in august 2007 and discharged a year later. I also have 7 defaults still active on my file over the past 2 years.

I have found one provider that will help me but its expensive a 8.75% fixed for 2 years, around £820 pcm repayment and am struggling to find anyone else.

Does anyone know any adverse credit mortgage lenders that can help? The equity in the home will still be substantial and i earn 33k per annum plus commission. Its just my credit thats causing me a huge problem.

Any ideas?

It is probably going to be difficult to get if your credit file is shot. As you say, even of you can find a lender they will probably be looking at a higher than normal rate.

The lenders all use their own in-house scoring systems as well.

Personally I don't know of any specific companies that can help...I would guess it is going to be a matter of approaching as many as you can and see what you can get

This is where im struggling, alot of brokers are saying they cant help because of the credit. I was putting it out there on the forum to see if anyone had been in a similar situation and could recommend a broker who may deal with this sort of thing or had obtained a mortgage with the same credit profile as myself. Thanks for your reply though :)

Hi mate, Here's some you can try!

Accord:

Bankruptcy must be discharged at least 3 years prior to application. This does not incur any rate loading.

Halifax:

Bankrupt : Refer to lender

Nationwide:

Bankrupt : Acceptable, min months Discharged 36

Royal Bank of Scotland

Cheltenham and Gloucester

Halifax

Manchester Building Society

Yorkshire Building Society

Abbey

One Account

ING Direct