Trying to upset A DCA! - *** Successful outcome***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just worked out a PPI reclaim for an account DCA are chasing me for, debt about 5k, worked out PPI of 6k plus interest total nearly 11k! So wtote to them asking for 17k!! Rest is compensation for Harassment on a debt I didn't owe!

Thought it was worth it just to upset them! Also wrote to the OC at the same time, already had a response by email from the OC apologizing for the inconvenience etc and now they are investigating!

The PPI was applied to a 15k loan in 2000, as a lumpsum then interest added to it etc.

:) PPI reclaims should always go to the original creditor.. but yes, I can see where it would upset a DCA :lol:

If the account is simply being administered by the DCA then it is likely they will pay any refund to the account first and any balance then will need to come to you.

If the account has actually been sold/assigned then the original creditor cannot send any money to a 3rd party :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:) PPI reclaims should always go to the original creditor.. but yes, I can see where it would upset a DCA :lol:

)

I know, I complained to the Oc and modified the letter to send to the DCA!!Really just shaking the tree, to see what falls out!

I know, I complained to the Oc and modified the letter to send to the DCA!!Really just shaking the tree, to see what falls out!

Just make sure you arent standing underneath..:madgrin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If the account is simply being administered by the DCA then it is likely they will pay any refund to the account first and any balance then will need to come to you.

If the account has actually been sold/assigned then the original creditor cannot send any money to a 3rd party :)

CB, I'm a little confused on this issue! If the account has been sold to a DCA does this not include all the rights and duties? In this case should we claim from the debt purchasor?

I always assumed any claim went to the OC irrespective of ownership, could you kindly confirm?

Thanks, R

All charges and PPI would have been applied to the account at the time it was in the possessionof the original creditor. Which is why you should claim from them :)

BCOBS

I meant to add, the reason I ask is I have just received what I believe is a fake NOA from Lowell on a MSDW/Barclaycard account. It appears they ran out of ink when printing the Barclaycard logo!!!

Many thanks everyone! I feel a SAR coming on to confirm the above!

Lowells and other DCAs have an agreement of sorts in that they can use the original creditors' letter head to send out the NoA's.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Hi, Wow, the oc have offered me the 11k!! I've accepted it! They've also confirmed that it will be paid in full to me!!

No arguments just apologies!

Donation coming to CAG as soon as the money hits my banks account!!

So to everybody else who is thinking about claiming give it a go!

• Haha 1

Hi, Wow, the oc have offered me the 11k!! I've accepted it! They've also confirmed that it will be paid in full to me!!

No arguments just apologies!

Donation coming to CAG as soon as the money hits my banks account!!

So to everybody else who is thinking about claiming give it a go!

well done:-D

If I were you I'd employ a debt collection agency to get your money back. No win, no fee.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.