Help Appeal PCN - NO 'No ENTRY' sign against my direction of travel - ealing council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'd really appreciate your help,

I have received a PCN for failing to comply with a No Entry sign.

I've gone through the appeal process as there is not a No Entry sign visible from the direction in which I was travelling!

Ealing council rejected my appeal and keep refering me to the photos of me going though a No Entry sign which is facing away from the direction that I am travelling

and could not have possibley seen.

I have taken it to PATAS who have also rejected my appeal as my reasons for a delay in getting my evidence to them are unsatisfactory.

They have now also rejected my request for a review in the interest of justice.

Is there anything else that I can do?

If there was a No Entry sign visible at the junction I would quite happily have paid the PCN

but as there is none I feel it is wholly unfair to have to pay the fine.

Thanks

Greenford Road near junction with A40. I pulled out of the Ambulance Station car park to cross the northbound carriage way of Greenford Road and through the gap in the central reservation to turn right to head southbound along Greenford Road.

According to street view, there isn't a no entry sign looking from the ambulance station but there is from the opposite direction. There is however a turn left only sign but you apparently turned right. If this is the case now, then the contravention didn't occur. It's quite obvious that the gap is there for ambulances so why you would be coming from the ambulance station? It appears to me that the signage is incorrect but they are trying to give you a panalty for using the gap which is intended for ambulances. However, not sure what you can do if you didn't get your paperwork into the adjudicator in time though.

Even though they are clearly in the wrong?

Yes. By your own words, you failed to deliver your evidence on time and PATAS ruled

against you for that reason. It's the end of the line as others have pointed out.

Even though they are clearly in the wrong?

Every document is fairly idiot proof they all clearly set out the deadline for the next stage if you miss it thats it, thats the law the only person that is clearly in the wrong at this stage is you unfortunately.