help-invalid yp railcard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The ink of my yp railcard is unclear and blurred.

therefore, i depict the word on the railcard but put on the wrong month.

I thought that I bought the card on July so I just put on July, but the expired month is March.

I knew it looks like i did it in purpose and want to steal the free passage.

But i did not. If i did it in purpose, why didn't i just put on Step because i will leave after Step.(I'm an international student here)

The station stuff caught me and said that depicting on the railcard is illegal.

He said i will receive a letter after 7-14 days and might need to go on the court??????

also, the worst situation is that i can't continue my study here..

Is that the situation will become so serious?

because i really not did it in purpose and don't know i should not depict my railcard on my own.

Now i know any explanation would like lie and know no one should trust me.

I'm very nervous now and feel regret.

Anyone know what will happened to me next?

Do I really need to go on the court or cannot continue my study here...

I really wanna die now.

Thanks for help.

What action is taken will depend on exactly what has been reported

Thermal printed Railcards do have a habit of fading and this can result in the 'ink' almost disappearing dependent on how they are looked after.

All of the validity details are encoded in the magnetic strip so the true validity can always be checked and if gentle heat is applied to the card, the unprinted areas darken leaving the original print clearly visible as a lighter area.

Now to the action of writing an expiry date on the Railcard. You should NEVER do that.

This invalidates the Railcard and any ticket being used with it. If you have written a different date to the actual expiry date, making the card appear to be valid for longer than actually paid for, then it is probable that a report for prosecution will be filed.

You should wait until you get a letter from the rail company then come back and tell us what it says. When you know exactly what is being claimed we may be able to suggest action that might help.

Hello there.

It's hard for us to guess what the rail company will do because we weren't there when you were stopped. Did the member of staff who stopped you say anything else apart from what you said above please?

I'm not sure what you mean by the worst situation?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm sorry that I was just too afraid and not hearing clearly about every single word the stuff said.

Also, English is not my first language.

All I can remember is that he said something about the court, and mentioned the worst situation is that I cannot continue to study here.

Will this happen to me?

Will I leave any criminal record even I'm willing to pay any penalty fine?

Do I need to go on the court?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions.

I'm just too panic and feel so ashamed.

I don't know my innocent would become so much serious.

I really feel sorry......

I'm sorry that I was just too afraid and not hearing clearly about every single word the stuff said.

Also, English is not my first language.

All I can remember is that he said something about the court, and mentioned the worst situation is that I cannot continue to study here.

Will this happen to me?

Will I leave any criminal record even I'm willing to pay any penalty fine?

Do I need to go on the court?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions.

I'm just too panic and feel so ashamed.

I don't know my innocent would become so much serious.

I really feel sorry......

Hello again, thank you for that.

As I said, it's hard for us to guess what the rail company will do. You will have to wait for the letter to arrive to know what they plan to do. Did the staff member hand you a piece of paper when you were stopped?

I don't know why the staff member said you wouldn't be able to study here. I don't know if that's true, but hopefully the guys here will.

You will only go to court if the rail company decide to prosecute you, and you won't know that until they write to you. Even if they do prosecute, you should be able to deal with it by writing to the court if you wanted to, I believe.

I hope the guys will have further comments for you later.

HB

Many thanks for your kind reply.:)

I'm not sure what you mean by piece of paper?

If you mean the blank paper to record my details, I did.

Last last last question, if i am prosecuted by the train company, does it mean that criminal record would leave on me?

Even I paid the penalty fine?

Many thanks again!!!!!!!!

I think I'm right in saying that he could have handed you a penalty fare notice, but if you signed the notebook then it's going to a central office for them to decide what to do. These are the people who will write to you in due course.

You signed the notebook to say that you agreed with the version of what happened that he wrote down, and giving your name and address? This is what normally happens, I believe.

HB

It surprises me how many people do this sort of thing with completely honest intentions.

Unfortunately the railway companies & courts dont seem to believe them.

Yes, this CAN be the case, but not always of course.

It is sometimes hard to tell, but the best suggestions that any of us can make at this stage really is to wait for the lettter from the TOC to see what they actually allege.

Unfortunately the OP cannot solve anything until s/he has the case reference and clear knowledge of what charge, if any, s/he has to address.

Try not to worry too much and wait for the letter, which can take up to 6 weeks to arrive

Good luck

Yes, this CAN be the case, but not always of course.

It is sometimes hard to tell, but the best suggestions that any of us can make at this stage really is to wait for the lettter from the TOC to see what they actually allege.

Unfortunately the OP cannot solve anything until s/he has the case reference and clear knowledge of what charge, if any, s/he has to address.

Try not to worry too much and wait for the letter, which can take up to 6 weeks to arrive

Good luck

Many thanks for your kind help.

Really appreciated it.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i got a letter tonight which informed me to pay 44.8 pounds fine by fourteen days.

No any prosecution mentioned on the letter.

(but it said if it happens aging in the future, they will not hesitate to prosecute)

I exactly understand how tough the time was while waiting the letter to come.

so, just let people here knowing what happened afterward for my case.

Many thanks for the professional consultants here!

You are great and kind to help the helpless people.

I understand the feeling of everyone who seeks the advice here.

Good luck, everyone!