style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

since its about care and mobility needs.

why is there no question asking what the needs are?

instead it only asks what help you already get, is this deliberate to get people to fail?

because they gauge your needs by how other people have to help you and how you rely on them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

because they gauge your needs by how other people have to help you and how you rely on them.

dx

Bit to simplistic dx.

as you don't actually have to be getting the help from anybody just require it.

See here http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

The questions on the pre 2011 DLA forms (if you can find one online) were a lot better in asking this.

since its about care and mobility needs.

why is there no question asking what the needs are?

instead it only asks what help you already get, is this deliberate to get people to fail?

Just reading through the latest form now...just based on a quick skim, it doesn't seem to ask what help you're getting. It asks what help you need. As pointed out above, help needed can include help that you would ideally and realistically like to receive, if available. A claimant doesn't necessarily need to be getting the help they need.

There's plenty of opportunity to indicate on the form what help is needed, and plenty of ways in which your responses can be constructed.

For example: "I suffer from panic attacks that leave me liable to confusion and agitation when outdoors, putting me in potential danger. If somebody were to accompany me on trips outdoors, getting around would be more manageable". This hypothetical claimant states what they need, but doesn't necessarily claim that they're actually getting help.

In some cases, a lack of help can disable a claimant even more. A wheelchair user who receives no help is likely to have a lower quality of life than someone who has an identical disability, but has the benefit of regular care and assistance.

new form then, that explains it ... sorry

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was once asked by someone on the phone at the DLA unit whether I got help. When I said no, she then "oh you don't need it then". It says on the longer form to fill in the form as though you're getting the help. It only has to be reasonable - you don't need to be getting or even want the help. You must just prove that whatever help you need is reasonable.

the new form on all the different sections asks what help you "get". I only filled it in a week ago. This is the online form I am reffering to. Also that person who posted about the questions over the phone indicates something wrong to me, the DWP assume if someone doesnt get help they dont need it?

What I find ironic is if someone is already getting help then they are less in need of financial aid than someone who needs help but is yet to get it.