• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I had a quick look, and there seems to be no posts about my precise problem with these and even CK Edrupt.

I took out a Provident loan of roughly £1000 a year or two ago and was paying it off as agreed. In spring last year i went to China for 3 months, so i set-up a direct debit with a 'friend's' account so he could pay the agent on my behalf (a bit silly i know). Basically the whole thing fell-through, the money had problems sending and when i came back i was 3 months behind my payments. That's when CK Edrupt got in on the action, saying i had to pay them instead, and the rest of the letter saying about court and full amounts.I asked the agent that came to our house if i could just pay through him still and he said that the head honchos at the Swindon office had already decided, and that now CKE were in on it there was no going back. I thought 'fair enough' and agreed a payment of £100 a month to them (roughly the same amount i was paying the Provident agent) . The existing balance was £800 when it got switched to them. I figured that if I'm giving them £100 every four weeks, then it would be payed-off by February of this year, so i set the last payment as sometime in February.

I forgot all about it, thinking everything was all done and dusted, but Provident had sent me a letter the other day of my existing balance saying it was still at roughly £500. Seeing the 'Bankers order payments' coming in at only £69.57. So it seems to me that CKE had been siphoning-off £30 here and there, and had it not been for that, i would have the loan already payed-off.

So my questions are as follows:

Do CKE take some sort of percentage of what i pay? (never remember reading about this)

and what's the minimum amount i can pay them back now? i.e. £25 a month, £10 a month. As i am trying to save money right now and that would make it a hundred times harder.

Thanks in advance! I'll be keeping my eyes glued to this thread! haha

Edited by MARTIN3030
Lnguage

They can only add fees if it has been accounted for on the original contract with the Provident, I think. Even if they have, £30.00 a month, seems an awful lot.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It would be in your interests to keep all communication in writing - unless you have the facility to record telephone calls.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

and what's the minimum amount i can pay them back now? i.e. £25 a month, £10 a month. As i am trying to save money right now and that would make it a hundred times harder.

If you're trying to save money, then clearing this debt should be your highest priority. £100 saved in the Bradford & Bingley will earn you £1 pa in interest (if you're lucky). Pay that £100 off your debt instead, and you'll free yourself from interest payments of £20-30.

It would be in your interests to keep all communication in writing - unless you have the facility to record telephone calls.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll write to them ASAP, I'm just worried they'll take this further in the mean time as they haven't heard from me since i received their letter. I'll be sure to save copies of everything.

If you're trying to save money, then clearing this debt should be your highest priority. £100 saved in the Bradford & Bingley will earn you £1 pa in interest (if you're lucky). Pay that £100 off your debt instead, and you'll free yourself from interest payments of £20-30.

I know what you mean, but that's why i initially said i'd pay back £100 a month, so by now it would be paid-off and i'd have nothing to stop me from saving. I am however, only saving for 4-5 months. That's why i was thinking of paying them back in smaller installments, at least until i come back from China. Anyway, thanks for the info. :]

The best advice is to write to the collection agency and ask for an up to date statement. Request a copy of the original agreement. Providentdo not contact customers after the account has been transferred to a collection agency. If you ring follow up with a letter as phone conversations are forgotten as soon as you hang up