Tax Credits change of circumstance

daddyphilboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am just asking a quick question here as I tried to ring Tax Credits today and it is closed until Tuesday. I just need to know if your award for the year 2012-2013 is based on last years income (which I think it is) because my wife was getting carer's allowance at £55.55 per week for looking after her father. He sadly passed away last month and so she will not get that this year and so our income will be around £3000 less.

Rather than hang on the phone for 6 hours on Tuesday, does anyone know if this is likely to make any difference to our payments?

I work full time but my wife does not she now has zero income for herself and we have on child.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am just asking a quick question here as I tried to ring Tax Credits today and it is closed until Tuesday. I just need to know if your award for the year 2012-2013 is based on last years income (which I think it is) because my wife was getting carer's allowance at £55.55 per week for looking after her father. He sadly passed away last month and so she will not get that this year and so our income will be around £3000 less.

Rather than hang on the phone for 6 hours on Tuesday, does anyone know if this is likely to make any difference to our payments?

I work full time but my wife does not she now has zero income for herself and we have on child.

Thanks.

Hi,

Have a look at this: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCredits/Paymentsandentitlement/entitlement/DG_181270

Compare what you were getting, to what the calculator says you should be getting now.

Since we've just crossed over into a new financial year, you should receive a renewal pack in due course, anyway. Unfortunately, phone lines will likely be very busy over the next few weeks!