Receiving threatening letters about rail car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Similar story from me I think:

I parked my car in a railway car park (the only reason I was using the car park was that the train from my home was cancelled and I needed to get to work so I drove to a station 15 miles away) I used the pay by mobile phone service to pay the charge, but was charged the wrong amount as I was unable to do it until about 4 hours after I left the car.

Realising that I had paid the wrong amount, I phoned the premium rate 'helpline' to get that modified, but was told that there was nothing I could do to amend the amount. Of course when I got back to my car, there was a penalty charge notice on my car.

My argument was that there was nothing on the sign providing me with a convenient way of paying, to say within what time I had to make payment - Offered to send them a photo of the sign which does say nothing. 2. the only reason I was using the car park is because they cancelled my train after I have paid over £3000 a year to use the service.

I was nauturally in a rush as I was unprepared, and therefore didn't have the change for the machine, and didn't have access to a phone until 4 hours later. 3. I am a regular payer at that car park, as they regularly cancel my train: something they could verify by checking my number plate.

I've had the letters demanding payment, and rejecting my claim, but not actually commenting on the points raised. They have threatened County Court and Debt Collectors etc. but so far I have stood my ground. Their latest letter says they will not respond to any further letters that they receive from me, so I am naturally preparing a further letter.

How good is my position here, and should I continue to resist

Thanks very much to you all for your help.

Edited by honeybee13
Editing in some paragraphs to make it easier to read.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've started a new thread for you and put some spaces in your post to help the guys trying to help you.

It's likely that ignore will be the advice, but perhaps you would confirm who the ticket and letters are from please? You posted on an NCP thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes who is demanding money from you? What is the name of the parking company please?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ignore!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

God NO, have a look at this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

http://www.violetmount.com/ncp the link won't work because it has a banned name in it, but if you copy that link and then add 5cam.jpg on the end it will take you to the page showing you the cycle of letters you will receive.

Change the 5 to an s...

I will let you know if I hear anything else. QUOTE]

You will!

You should receive some more letters, each getting more agressive (= desparate) with their threats of what they would like to do with you but cannot - the stocks ceased in 1872 and hanging in 1969.

In reality they cannot do anything except try to frighten you with big print and red ink and lots of legal mumbo-jumbo terms - all irrelevant and meaningless.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, as predicted by you guys on here. Have just received the "final reminder" warning me of additional court fees, court ruling and the effect on my public credit record, and the court ruling remaining unpaid, then sending baylifs. Am ignoring, as recommended on here.

Little children.

Copy it, and send that copy to the OFT/TS and your local MP.

They have admitted 'in writing' that they act outside of any law and all regulations, there is no court, so there will be NO court ruling, therefore they cannot affect anyone's credit record (a serious untruth) and the fact that they will NEVER be able to send bailiffs, purely because these eejits are not educated enough to understand what COURT means!

Your very very safe, just copy and forward on these letters of attempted extortion to the OFT and your MP.

Although it is likely nothing will happen if you ignore, there is the added complication of a Railway Byelaw criminal prosecution being instigated. (Byelaw 14).

Although my TOC employer manages the car parks themselves and then successfully prosecutes for violations, under 14(1) such as overnight parking etc, I can't be sure that whichever TOC manages the car park in question shares the same enforcement values.

Nothing will happen, byleaws are NOT laws at all, there is NO law relating to parking issues, it's all a con, forget about any notion of TOC taking anyone to court, the only complication here is jumping in and giving wrong advise, as well intentioned as it may be.

Good for you, don't expect any robust sort of reply from either, OFT certainly won't entertain individual complaints, BUT, in the grand scheme of things each and every complaint made DOES help in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply received from my MP who is "prepared to write NCP a letter" not sure what purpose that will serve, given that it seems to be a [problem] anyway

It all helps in the end, these lot know they are on a sticky wicket and can't enforce anything through the courts. You pay for your MP, so have them do some work for a change..