Orange & DLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was made redundant before christmas and have built up a bill of £348.00

they have passed it onto DLC and they are not demanding i pay £1348.00 to end my contract with orange or they would accept £348.00 payment and would wave the remaining £1000

Now my problem is i am out of work, only on JSA which covers all my rent, food, gas and electric and then i have nothing left after, i cant get housing benefit due to it being my partners mothers house and its mortgaged so im in abit of bother about the above.

I have not yet contacted DLC but my offer of repayment is £5.00 a month until i return to work then i will up it to at least £20 a month to get these idiots off my case.

I have read numerous threads about DLC not budging to accept a payment of £5.00 a month but others day by law they need to accept installaments even if it was £1.00 a month

need some advice please

thanks

A court would not order you to pay more than

you can reasonably afford without causing hardship

and if that is £1 pcm so be it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

so you are saying they are offering a £1k discount?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It means that if i pay the £348 they will wave the £1000 and continue my contract with Orange but i am with vodafone at the moment who i am happy with.

here is the email they sent back to me after i told them my situation and how orange treaten me as a customer and how they did not want to help me.

Before the bills built up they said i could temporary freeze my contract for 6 months but did not tell me it had to be at £0 so when i paid £100 of a £120 bill few days before the next was produced they told me it would have to be at £0 to put the contract on hold before i could ask my partner for £20 to put the balance at £0 they generated another stupid bill

here is the email

Thank you for your email.

Our client has informed us that the balance of £1364.92 is broken down by airtime charges of £281.22 which you were billed for and £1055.58 contract charges as you are liable for the full term of the contract.

An admin fee of £28.12 has also been applied to the account.

We note our clients terms and conditions Section 3.1 states – “We cannot guarantee a continuous fault free service.”

The terms and conditions also state that the quality and availability of their services can be affected by factors outside their control such as local physical obstructions, atmospheric conditions, the features or functionality of the device or the number of people trying to use the network at the same time as well as other factors. The service may also not be at its best inside buildings or below ground.

We note you would like to make payments of £5.00 per month and in order to justify this we require details of your income and expenditure.

Please complete and return the attached form within 7 days.

Alternatively please contact our offices on 0844 800 9889 to discuss this.

Regards

Operation Support

direct legal & collections

T: 01280 707930

F: 01280 730582

E-mail: [email protected]

www.dlcollect.co.uk

no way send ANY I&E

TBH if 'they ' are offering a discount something smells.

pers i'd NEVER pay a DCA

if there IS a discount flying around deal with orange

phone them up and see what they say.

to me it looking like a spoof debt here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

These amounts seem horrendous.

Have you seen invoices from Orange for all these amounts and do they look correct?

I would contact Orange to tell them that you will only deal with them and then only for amounts that have been invoiced and agreed.

These contract termination charges are dodgy anyway - if they took you to court they could only claim their losses, which does not include expected profit or usage.

They would have to show that they have done their best to minimise these.

I suspect that you don't have an invoice from Orange for their contract charges and won't get one for those very reasons. I know that my son didn't get an invoice and when pushed, Orange dropped their demands.

I would tell DLC o get stuffed and that you will only deal with Orange.

Downside of not paying your mobile bill is they will trash your credit file and set the wolves... um... debt colevtors after you. As 2G said, it rarely goes to court, as they're on dodgy ground. If you can stand ignoring the DCA it is a valid tactic IMO.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

DX is right there must be something seriously amiss

with a discount of this size.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

they are saying payment of £308 would cover what i owe them then i would be re connected to there service but yet i sent the phones back to them and said i wanted out due to the lack of service they provided to me.

i offered £5 a month to them and they are being awkard

here is there last email

Thank you for your emails.

We appreciate your comments however we do require justification of your payment offer and are able to request this from you.

Our client informs us that a letter was sent to you advising that if the file was passed to a debt collection agency an admin fee may be applied.

To reconnect and continue with your contract the airtime and admin fees must be cleared which total 309.34 however we understand you do not wish to do so meaning the full balance is payable.

Unless otherwise instructed by our client the balance of £1364.92 remains correct and due.

They aren't offering a discount. They are saying that if the outstanding amount is paid, Orange will reconnect so that the rest of the contract can run (which will cost in the region of a grand) otherwise they will collect the outstanding amount plus their dodgy contract charge.

The amount they are claiming for the contract charges (as well as the outstanding amount / monthly bill) seems incredible.

well i told them i dont want to be reconnected the service is poor since it was integrated with t mobile my calls and texts never used to work, i used to get texts off friends days later the internet was poor so that was another reason why i stopped paying it and went to Vodafone who i have been with for over 6 months with no problems whats so ever.

I will pay the debt but in my own pace with my own offer i don't like debt and this is the only debt i have i just simply had enough of the crap with Orange

they accepted my offer of £5 a month but they said they will review it after 6 months and i told them straight i said if i want to pay £5 a month for longer than 6 months then i will otherwise you will get £1 a month

anyhow i set up a standing order last night

hopefully will keep them off my case