Cheesed Off with myself

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Getting a stream of calls on my work phone with a DCA.

really arsey guy on the phone today, talking over me and being really rude.

I lost it told him him to F. Off.

feel cheesed off that i let him wind me up - im usually calm with them.

Phoning you at work is against the OFT debt collection guidance rules, so as soon as you tell a DCA that they should not phone using the work number, they should stop.

Make a complaint and if they don't stop, report them to your local Trading Standards.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Report them anyway. You probably used the only language they understand. If there is a next time, be aware that you can do the same to him, ask him if he likes Mr Blobby and then start singing it to him, ask him if he's learned to write yet and if so then to send anything he has to say in a letter and put the phone down. If he rings back, you can say, you realise what you are doing infringes the oft guidlines and I will be reporting you, I bet it's him who puts the phone down this time.

Don't ever talk to them on the phone after you have sung to him of course.

Thanks S&F. We just have to remember that these people are nobodys, they aren't bailiffs or government agents or even court tea ladies, they are just gobby little nothings seduced by a bonus if they can get the cash in and they will do it by any means fair or foul and not always in accordance with regulation.

You, on the other hand do have power, the power to just put the phone down on them and pay only what you can afford even if that's just £1 per month and as you have no contract or agreement with them, they cannot add charges or penalties. So just work out how much you can afford and send them that.

I have a confession to make too farther.

I told Lowell's to stick the debt up their fking arse so how many hail Mary's and our farther's do I have to say?

It was the only time I lost my temper too :(

It did feel good though :)

Wow - thanks for the replies!!

to be honest im not sure who they are acting for - i refuse to go thru their ID checks.

I have a LOT of debt from about 3/4 years ago when problems at home and work made us realise there is more to life than what car you drive and were you live.

We are saving up to go bankrupt and im happy to say i will have the funds in another 2 months.

Thanks for the replies.