• Tweets

• No I have not. I will probably do that
    • Based on ECP's previous, what will definitely happen is this. They will send more idiotic letters. After they will send a Letter of Claim, and it is essential that your brother replies at this point to this to show them he would be big trouble in court. Next it is highly likely (but not certain) that they will crawl back under their stone and that will be the end of the matter. The slight worry is that if they do do court it will seem a likely story to a judge that your brother has no connection to the ticket, when it was him who appealed and replied to the Letter of Claim.  Indeed I think it would seem the lot of you were playing games with ECP and with the court by getting unconnected people involved and then later deny they were involved. So be aware there is that slight risk. You talked about "a mess" in your first post, and you weren't wrong. Someone hires a car and gets a ticket.  There is an appeal.  Who appeals, the hirer?  No, the hirer's mate's son.  Obvious! There is an approach for help to a consumer website.  By the hirer?  No, by the hirer's mate's son's brother! This is so damn silly and totally avoidable. Anyway, it seems the decision has been made for your brother to carry the can so whatever consequences will ensue will ensue. 
    • Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

speed credit loan / written off / cleared

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just updating the FOS and the OFT with the replies im getting from our friend, I think I have another 2ish weeks or so before I can do the appeal thing, but tbh i am having far too much fun with Joseph:wink:. Yesterday I told him that I will be making monthly token payments of £1 pcm until the full £354 is paid off unless he starts being reasonable and that it is the doing of his actions for being so shady and can't even be honest

:jaw::mad2::jaw:

Clearly they are in cookoo land. Who is adam franks he states he is the door collector ! Nice hobby collecting doors lol

Honestly, I'd just reply like for like, pretend to be Eve the Door Saleswoman:whoo:

Copy of emails :

Ref: Speed Credit – Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* /

Dear Mr

You need to start making payments as a matter of urgency.

It is quite simple. The more you pay and the more quickly you make payments the more we will be able to drop the fees that have been added to your file.

You currently owe including all fees 883.

This will CONTINUE TO RISE as it goes to your Local County Court via Marshall Hoares Baliffs.

We would prefer to come to an amicable arrangement so we suggest that you INFORM US TODAY OF THE AMOUNT you will be able to pay and when.

Any payment offer which is too low will simply lead us to go automatically to Court to secure repayment of the debt. We will apply for a Warrant to seize goods or an attachment of earnings. WARNING: This judgement will affect your permanent credit file shared by all lenders, affecting your ability to borrow in the future.

Remember, the more you pay and the more quickly you pay it, the less work we need to do in monitoring your file and therefore themore we can reduce the fees added.

Act now and we will be able to stop your credit file suffering any further.

If we DO NOT HEAR from you today then we will have no option but to take this through your local County Court. We will seek a Warrant of Execution to instruct Bailiffs to seize goods and seek an attachment of your earnings. You will be liable for full fees and further Court and Bailiff costs.

Act quickly to avoid extra costs.

Yours Faithfully

Adam Franks

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

Dear

I am afraid we are unable to deal with your query by email.

Please call one of our operators on 08433811111 who will be happy to discuss the circumstances around this with you.

Yours Faithfully

Jonathan Fowler

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

shame they have not confirmed that i have emailed and wrote, maybe the door collector whats my front door !

I agree Nao - if you actually have a look at the OFT guidelines, i honestly think that they have broken EVERY one! And if the OFT are saying that there are numerous complaints with this company, then why are they still opperating?

I made my 1st £1 token payment to Toothfairy today - I'm going to play them at their own game, sit back and enjoy :-). Im so excited to see how they respond

Well had an email today from MH stating they have argeed a payment plan. Very strange as i have not been informed. They state the debt of 883.00 lol. But they will accept 600.00 to close the account. The only plan is to pay 200.00the loan. What next

hi there i am also having trouble with speed credit i had sent them 6 emails asking to come to an agreement about a repayment plan only to recieve emails back saying thankyou for your message this is how much you owe and that it was overdue.I then sent them an email saying i was fully aware of how much i owe but you are not answering my question about coming to an agreement on a suitable repayment plan i then went on to say if i didn't hear from them soon i would have no option but to seek legal advice then 2 days later they have sent me an email requesting me to phone them.From reading everyones posts i would rather not phone them as i understand they are difficult to deal with and also would rather have any emails as evidence if needed,do i have to phone them or can i request only contact through emails? Any advice would be greatly appreciated getting really worried about the mess i now find myself in through my own fault.

Edited by kerryb19

yes - keeping a paper trial, especially with these clowns is probably the smartest move you could make!

I've not heard from Joseph in a while, I think he has crawled back into the gutter hole he rised from when he tried to acuse me of being in the wrong, and that I told him straight that he is in the wrong, trying to turn this on me when he knows the whole 'Web Loans Processing ltd' organisation are a bunch of crooks trying to extort money from innocent people who do not know their rights! Also as I have said before - i TOLD him my final offer is the month, plus 2 weeks interest - exactly what i signed up for! No imaginary fees that have been added, and i asked him to lawfully justify them and until otherwise he will get £1 a month until I hear justification or he drops all the charges! I started getting replies every couple of days or so, but its been over a week since I heard from him - so I'm going to take the 354 months of £1 payments is my final offer :-)

and so its the closing days and Joseph xxxxxxx is feeling the pressure, the dirty little rat -

Dear thaiboxer24,

The email constitutes your Final Written Response. This may or may not contain an offer of redress or compensation. If you wish to accept any such offer please respond in writing confirming your acceptance and we will endeavour to put into place the terms of the agreement as soon as possible.

If you are unhappy with the Final Written Response and wish to appeal further you have the right to make a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must make sure you do this within six months of receiving the Final Written Response or you may lose your right to ask the Ombudsman to review your complaint.

The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Email:[email protected]

Phone:0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123

You may also be interested to read their pamphlet, “Your complaint and the ombudsman” which can be found atwww.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm

We hope that you find the information contained herein to be helpful and that the Final Written Response and any offers which may be contained therein have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction.

For the reasons set out in our previous correspondence your complaint is not upheld. We will accept the sum of £800 in payments of £50 per month to begin no later than the 30th November 2012. You will have to make all these payments by bank transfer.

Kind regards,

Joseph xxxxxxx

I would just like to point out that about 9 days ago I got an e-mail from joseph xxxxxxx saying he would not accept anything lower than £2000 and now all of a sudden he has reduced it to £800. Once again i explained to him that if he can reduce it by £1200 then there is something very, very wrong with all these charges and he can't legally justify them, so I will continue to pay £1 a month until he acknowledges I will only pay the £354 then will pay it off faster!

My point is, I know people are reading this forum and they are scared. Well don't be! Collectivly we have enough evidence here to show that Toothfairy/Speed Credit/NDR and MHB do not have a leg to stand on when it comes to their 'charges' and that they are just bullies trying to extort money and use tactics of collecting 'debt' are WRONG!!! Stay strong people, and keep your ground!

Edited by alanfromderby

He only seems to reply when he feels like it hes still ignoring me since i asked why hes told me to deal with speed credit direct when mh say they legally own the account, obviously he cant explain why.

And for your debt comin down by 1200 just goes to show none of the charges are enforceable

i know :lol: such an ignorant individual! I can't see him replying to me - asking why it can be taken down by 1200, plus if u add on ALL the fees, it would be closer to 1600 charges dropped...

Keep flooding him with e-mails Tinkerbell! Thats what I've been doing. Speak your mind to him (and i have hand on heart said exactly what i felt) and say that you will only pay the original amount plus contracted interest, which for me was 2 weeks, it may have been 4 for u? And just tell him that you are going to pay that - on a payment plan of your choosing - stick to your guns and if he dont want to play ball, as i have offer £1 a calender month until the full balence of what u owe as per contract is paid of!

Lets face it - all the threats and intimidation they have inflicted on u, put it right back at them. He has nothing to hide behind apart from ignoring u, which looks bad on his part. I tell u, the amount of GOLD i have sent of to the OFT and FOS with my e-mailing exchanges between myself and Joseph has just been pure GOLD! And he has shown a true reflection of what Toothfairy, speed credit, ndr and mhb are all about!

oh - i forgot to mention after i e-mailed him back (earlier this AM), it said he is out of office betweeen 7th nov - 14th nov. So he has maybe gone on a nice Holiday far away on the money that he has extorted from the vunerable people!

He probably is another Gregg Campbell or 'stagename' - although he did leave me a voicemail message saying he was joseph xxxxxxx, but still after some of the things I've seen and experienced, I wouldnt put it past him living a double life, and infact it being a code name for Oliver Larholt or Garry Chapelle... Swine gutting **** bags!

If you owe them £290 tell Joe thats all you are going to pay and every e-mail u send him, just keep giving him that figure!!! E-mail him daily, or even hourly... Just get the point through to him and let him know you are being deadly serious and that you are not going to be taken for a mug!

Technically u owe £289.90 cuz the transfer fee was 4.90 not 5.00. I told joe he can have the extra 10p because i'm nice like that :-) - but it is your decision Tinkerbell - I say play the b-words at their own game!

Edited by alanfromderby

Usually i get one of their crappy emails say please make sure X amount is in your account by 12.00 midnight, well i didnt get one of those yesterday but woke up with an email saying my bank declined them taking 528, there gettin sneaky cos shouldnt they be warning their gonna attempt to take an amount, ive aleady told them numberous times that ive cancelled their cpa and any attempts are unauthorised and will be classed as theft, but it just doesnt serm to bother them

as far as i am aware:

You have to be notified AT LEAST 24 hours notice before a payment is going to be debited from your account by a 3rd party (tff being the 3rd party). I know it is meant to be reasonable notice. And if you have informed them that you refuse them to take money from your account, then I believe it is an act of fraud.

Nether the less Tinkerbell - if they did not warn u in any shape or form that they were going to debit your account - let the OFT,FOS and I'd even go as far as to tell the Police, because technically it is fraud!

i know they didnt get the money from your account - and I'm not quite sure what it's called (ignorance is one thought that comnes to mind), but once you cancel a CPA they should not try to continue to carry on attempting to debit your account, though we are talking about Toothfairy/Speed Credit/NDR and MHB who of course; have their own Law

yes and that is very naughty!!! I would like to believe that the OFT are being flooded with work as well as the FOS, but until these people are closed down - because lets face it there is more than enough evidence proving people are actually reporting them; I will still be convinced that certain people have fingers in certain pies! It does not need just an investogation, but a very thorough one at that!